CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 05, 2009

Need a Break

Wow it's been almost a month. I'm so sorry about that.

I think I'm gonna take a break from the blog for the summer. I hope you all will keep checking in, and know that I will be back.

I have been so very busy. I've been working hard on getting things going to work on my health.

The meds are starting to work pretty good. Seems we have gotten ahead of most of the pain and the cymbalta is doing wonders. I am loving life, which is good, cuz I didn't care if I ever saw daylight again some days.

Gigantor has been praising me a bunch. Just the other day he told me that I did more in the past three weeks than I did in the past 8 months. I felt proud, that means things are moving along.

I have been hitting the pool 3 to 4 times a week, to do my water aerobic workout. It started out at about 20 minutes, went up to 30, and now I'm up to 35. I'm feeling great.

I'm mad this week though. Gigantor had training all week, has training for something else all weekend, and works regular next week. That means 11 days before I can get in the pool again, and I hope it doesn't set me way back, cuz I have been feeling tons better.

The walking isn't any easier yet, but I'm hoping that will come along.

I did end up getting the sleeves for the pneumatic pump I have for the lymphadema in my legs. That has been working pretty good too. Didn't take me long to get up to using them for an hour at a time.

I'm on facebook alot, so if any of you facebook let me know and I'll add ya or you add me or whatever.

My 20 year class reunion is in two weeks. We weren't gonna go, it was gonna be 125 bucks per person. I couldn't afford 250. Cuz Gigantor graduated same year. Well they lowered it to 25 dollars per person, because they only had 8 people sign up for it. So....we are gonna go.

Just know I hate leaving and not updating and reading all the time. But right now I have to be really selfish and get my health amoung other things in order. If I do that right, I haven't had the time to blog as I would like. So....I will try to pop in once in a while, but I am going to take most of this summer off.

I really do care about you all, and hope that everyone will stick with me, and I will be back, that's a promise.

Know I have an e-mail link on here, and like I said, I check into facebook alot. So....I hope to hear from you all, and I'll try to pop by your blogs every once in a while.

God Bless everyone.

I'll see you soon PROMISE!!!!

14 comments:

cookie said...

Get well soon me old china. Dont worry too much about blogging, we will all still be here!

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Get well soon. Don't worry about us, we'll all still be lurking about here and there. Enjoy! keep working at it, you're gonna get it.

LOL Your word verification says "immaliv' I'm alive!!!

none said...

Glad things are looking up.

I don't blame you for taking a break.

Have fun at the reunion.

Special K said...

That is the most UNselfish reason of all! You take care of you girl, YOU are #1! I am so proud of you for keeping up the swimming and so happy you got some meds/equipment that is finally really helping you!!!!! You know I will always be around and of course, our daily facebook marathons! LOL (((HUGS))

Coffeypot said...

Well, I'm gald to see you are still alive. You just take care of yourself and we will muddle along until you get back full time.

Biddie said...

Have fun at the reunion!
I will keep up with you on facebook. You are doing soo well with the working out. I am proud of you girl!

Libby said...

burfica, i told you cymbalta works miracles, didn't i? and i am so happy to hear that you're working out, in the pool (that's a big thing!) just stay happy & in touch when you can!

Jules said...

That's where you've gone! I thought you ditched us on the one a day! LOL I'm just kidding of course, Estee. You've made the right decision. We have to kick our bodies up the ass if we're gonna get into decent shape, so work hard this summer, Sister!!! Much love and success in health and strength!!!

~SugarBear~ said...

Take care & have a great summer - you're doing great. Keep it up. We'll all be here when you get back.

The Traveling Salesman said...

It is still too hot for tomatoes! Ours are burning up! miss ya writin'

Ryan said...

Life first and then blogging second! I hope you come back soon... and get well too!

Julie said...

Hey Burfica! I've missed you so much! I finally got back to blogging myself, Hope you are doing well and look forward to hearing how your summer went! XOXO julie

Azathoth100 said...

Ok, so summer's over. End the break already. Slacker....

Azathoth100 said...

Time passes quickly, and old haunts are forgotten... people eat the tomatoes and no one is left to tell them to stop...