CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Deathwatch and roadkill

I thought Corky would love that picture.

I feel a tiny bit better, instead of feeling like I keep getting run over by a semi. I feel like I'm laying in the road like roadkill. Guess that's better. hehehehehe

I got randomness today.

In the mornings I have been taking Kiddo, Big J and sometimes his little sister to school. Then the boys walk home together. Well...they have started some after school clubs. Kiddo has computer club on Mondays and he's on a waiting list for Fitness club on Wednesday. Big J has drum line on Mon and Wed and walking club on Tues. So...I still drive them, but most afternoons they have to walk home alone.

Every once in a while Big J's mom gets off early and goes and gives them a ride home.

Well...Big J has been riding his bike on Mon and Wed, so I take Kiddo alone.

I got a nice surprise this morning. Big J's mom called and said he was gonna ride his bike, but then said to send Kiddo over (they live across the street) that she would give him a ride to school. After she did that, she texted me and said she was gonna go ahead and pick him up from school too.

That was really nice, to have someone offer, instead of me having to ask.

Well....I've been on deathwatch since last night. Kiddo's poor little gerbil is dying. She's is way way old, lived longer than the other two, they say the oldest they live is 3 years, and she is at 4 years old. She was barely moving and couldn't even open her eyes last night.

She's in a corner very quiet this morning, but she is still breathing. I kept praying that god would take her quickly, but I guess a lonely gerbil is way down on his list of "to do" things.

I would send Gigantor out to take care of her if she was suffering. But dammit I've had him kill so many dam animals for me. Lots of chickens and roosters, some mice and hamsters. Other such things.

I couldn't face asking him too again, and I didn't wanna hear the stomp. Yes the quickest most humane way to kill a small rodent is to smash that size 14 boot down as hard as you can. He would have done it if I asked, but dam, that poor man. She's laying quietly and not struggling, so I'm not gonna make him.

All I know is I am done with rodents for a while. We have had so many dam hamsters, dwarf hamsters, gerbils and what not, that at our old lot. I started teasing about having a hamster/gerbil garden. I probably had 10 or more little avon jewelry boxes with little corpses in them burried in the back.

Gigantor asked where we wanted to start the new garden. hhahahahhaah I told him the trash. Not to be mean, but that fricken rat dog of mine, digs up every fricken thing. She has found bones that my mothers dogs burried probably 10 years ago. grrrrr A little gerbil corpse would be a tasty snack for her.

Okay....I need more meds, cuz the fever is coming back. ugggghhh I need lunch too.

My toes and fingers and nose is cold. Maybe a blanket.

Hope you all are doing well and have a great Wednesday.

12 comments:

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

We had a hamster once, I think it got stung by a bee. The thing's body swelled up like a balloon, then a couple days later it deflated, by the end of the week it died. After the rabbit died I said no more!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

none said...

Get well soon...yeah small mammals..I'm not doing that again.

Sorry about your hamster :(

Special K said...

I can't get passed the smushing of the hamsters/gerbils of days gone by! SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our little Bogie, short for Bogart, lived 4 years, he got a huge goiter and died in his sleep peacefully. I am never going to have another one again though, as much as I loved him his little "escapes" just for "fun" and his stinky litter was enough "fun" for me for 4 years!

Burfica said...

just me--can I just say ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Hammer--yeah kiddo even agree's time for a break

K--awww yeah I know when the cage gets to stinky it smells like a rank pot house. hehehehe

Biddie said...

Poor lil hamster. I hate to see anything suffer. We have had to bury so many bunnies, guinea pigs and mice that I have lost count. We have no space left for a garden.

Burfica said...

biddie--I know what you mean, I can't even begin to count how many animals we've burried.

Brillig said...

Oh, the poor little gerbil is breaking my heart! I'm so sorry!

CrystalChick said...

After watching my girlfriends parakeet while she was away for a long weekend I know I'll not be getting more little pets. He's not been doing well and I was so afraid every morning I'd go in and uncover the cage I'd find him. Luckily he's still hanging in but she'll probably get more birds after he goes. He's the last of 4 she had all at one time.
We've done birds, hamsters, etc. I've got 2 dogs and 1 cat and don't want any more, ever.

Feel better!!

Burfica said...

brillig--they are so dam cute

Crystal--we have had a parrot die in our hands, and found one of Kiddo's parakeets dead on the bottom of the cage before. Part of owning pets I guess.

jAMiE said...

Sorry to hear about your gerbil...and i hope you feel better soon.

Rhea said...

I'm glad Gigantor didn't have to stomp her. I know that's rough.

We've never had gerbils, but I've had to flush a few fish.

captain corky said...

Of course I do. ;)