CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Killer Stairs or Graceful Men??

Okay everyone knows I'm one of the worlds biggest klutzes. But...my husband makes me look absolutely graceful. So.. our poor child is just doomed, doomed I tell ya. I mean I've done my fair share of stumbling and falling down, tripping, stubbing toes (even broke one I stubbed it so hard), and walking into things (walked into a closet door, gave myself a black eye). But my husband is the only person I have ever met that has stepped on his own thumb at a dead run. He's fallen off stuff out at work. He's fallen in the house, and for a few years, every day, he tripped and fell up or down our stairs. And now our poor son. He trips and falls over air. Just up and whoop....face plant. Or he walks into stuff when he's looking right at it. Then there is the ricochet effect. Your walking fast or running and bounce off a wall or object, and plow right into something else. Double wammie.

So...over the past year or so, we have been doing pretty well. We have been a fall free family. So the other day, all the falls must have been building themselves up. Cuz wow. My son and I are sitting in the house visiting with a couple friends waiting for my husband to come home. Well, we hear his truck, then this god awful noise like he crashed into the house, and him coming in going Ouch my knee. I go what happened did you fall up the stairs?? he goes, yeah. And walks toward the kitchen. Well...our friends are laughing and ask how anyone can fall up stairs. So my husband has to go back outside, and my son goes with. You hear boonga boonk, and my son laughing up a storm. I go what happened?? My son says " daddy just slid down the stairs on his butt" I'm thinking 'twice in one day, oh man this is bad'. Well I hear my son playing on the stairs, a loud KAPLUNK bang and screaming. I run to the door asking what happened. And him and his daddy said he nose dived off the porch but it was okay cuz the railing stopped him (by his head slamming into it). So, I'm bringing the kiddo in for an ice pack, and our friend says I gotta see what's wrong with your steps. So...brave David ventures outside. And we hear boonga, thumpa, clunk. He comes back in all red. I'm like OMG David did you fall down the stairs. He mutters "yeah". I just couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the day. Of course there were a couple more minor trips up or down the stairs that day. But... all has been quite for the past while. I'm sure something is just building up again. Gonna be more graceful days at our house soon I'm sure. Which brings me to the question. Anyone ever stepped on a stray dryer sheet that's on the linoleum floor??? What a ride that one. Try it if you haven't. hehehehehe
Happy walking everyone. Hope yours is fall free.

1 comments:

Phoenix5 said...

Oh man, that is just too funny... you DEFINITELY have a way with words, my friend! Keep it up... someday, you might be able to make a living from your writing!