CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 06, 2006

Boredom Coma

God I'm so boring, I've put myself in a boredom coma. ugggghhhhh Hurry get the paddles!!! Charging!!! CLEAR!!!!

I think I'm sorta holding my breath, waiting for something bad to happen since it's turned 2006. 2005 had so much crap, that I was praying for it to be over. Now I don't know if this year is gonna be better, or, god forbid, worse. So...any whooooo since I'm more boring than watching paint dry, at least you can get a high from the paint fumes. I'm gonna leave you all with a new recipe I tried on New Years eve dinner. OMG it was sooooo good, and we had it with prime rib. So you had savory, and a bit of sweet.

Roasted Onions

6 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 bunch fresh thyme (we didn't have any thyme so I left it out and it was still amazing)
Salt and pepper
4 red or sweet onions, halved (we halved them but next time I'm gonna wedge or slice them, will be easier to eat)

Preheat the oven to 350 degree's F.

Combine the butter, vinegar, honey, thyme, salt and pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer an cook for 1 minute to reduce slightly. Place the onions, cut sides up, in a single layer on a baking pan. Drizzle the butter-vinegar mixture over and roast until soft and slightly caramelized, about 45 minutes.

We spooned the sauce over the onions twice during cooking and after serving.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

4 comments:

~SugarBear~ said...

That sounds yummy! I think I'll give it a try. Thanks!

MomThatsNuts said...

OH I am trying that one! How ya doing girl?? sometimes boring is a good thing..... Im boring too and I LOVE It...for now...

mom

Azathoth100 said...

Recipe sounds delish Bur. But you need to stop holding your breath. People are gonna get the wrong impression if I keep having to give you mouth to mouth.

Alekx said...

Even me with my eating issues might try that.
I'll probably get yelled out for using the honey, but what's new, I'm always getting yelled at eh.
:-)