CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Dropping by

Just dropping by, to let you all know we are doing okay. Been so busy, haven't had alot of time to grieve yet. It's coming, I can feel it. :) I've been so very busy this past week. I'll give you all a little break down.

We are having mom's services on Saturday. Alekx and the house elf are flying in with her little box. hehehehe My mom lived in this town for about 30 years. So...everyone I meet that knew here, have asked to come to the services. I've said yes of course. Then all of my friends, and relatives. If everyone comes that says they are coming, we are going to have way over 100 people there. I'm thinking maybe half of who said they would come will be there.

My best friend Roo (we stayed at her house when my mom was flown out last year) came up last Friday, she brought a bunch of craft supplies I needed and helped me literally work my ass off getting everything ready. So...here is a little break down of goings on since last week.

Fought with the 4 wheeler dealership about the bill, got that straightened out.
Fought with the furniture company about the bill, got that straitened out as well.
Suburban broke down--got it fixed---$116 bucks (ahhhhhhhhh)
Took kiddo to doctor today he's way sick (180 bucks worth of medications)
Now for the memorial planning.
Called relatives
Called pastor
Went to newspaper,and radio station
Searched 5 places in town for the guest/visitor book (nobody had one)
Searched 3 for a printer for the little paper obituaries (announcements I guess)
Got pictures to my uncle to scan, blow up and print
Bought material for a purple shirt for me, and purple ties for the guys. (everyone is wearing something purple)
Bought little purple flowers for pins for guests.
Bought poster boards for memory boards.
Went to seamstress
Man who said he could do the announcements wanted 200 bucks for black ink on copy paper, wasn't sure I had much of a choice.
Went to uncles to get pictures, whined about printer guy, stayed 2 hours looking at uncles computer, and him and I made the announcements. Saved to disk.
This was all on Wednesday, she passed on Tuesday.
Thursday, called a friend, set her up to calling people for the luncheon after the service. (need people to bring food)
Dropped obituary off at newspaper.
Went by furniture shop, bed frame broke (the new one)
Went and ordered the big thing of flowers for the front table ($75)
Friday I vegged till my friend got in at 6 in the evening. She drove all over looking for the visitors book, finally went by a funeral home, and picked up a wonderful one, that is by Thomas Kincaid, has a cross on a hill at sunset. Made me cry. Also made me cry when she said she felt mom's presence so strong in my house. I think she's hanging out with me, making sure we are all okay.
That night, went through two suit cases of pictures for the memory board. There were 4 of us going through them. Roo found the only three surviving pictures of my parents wedding. Made me cry again.
Saturday, did some grocery shopping, some cleaning, then worked on the poster boards. I punched holes around the outside and wrapped purple fun fur on them.
Sunday, got up went to walmart, for dress shirts for the boys. Did some more grocery shopping, picked up my shirt and the ties. Came home and D helped me outline some butterflies on my shirt in gold fabric paint (D is Gigantors best friend member??) He helped me place photo's on the boards and get them taped in.
Bought some baskets for things for the service.
Monday, took Kiddo to school. Finshed my shirt (had to let the one side dry) started decorating a basket, put writing pins and pieces of paper in one for people to write down a memory or blessing and give to the family. Wrapped fun fur around the handle of another (took two days) embellished with flowers.
Bought paper, so uncle could print out the announcements. Nice card stock, cream color paper. Got the announcements.
Painted 4 picture frames.
Went to the christian book store and got two things that I won't say, cuz they are a surprise for Alekx.
Figured out how we wanted to embellish the little purple flowers for pins.
After dinner, proceeded to make 75 pins, OMGGGGGGGGGG I was up till 1 in the morning.
Kiddo woke up real sick so kept him home today. I got up and fastened the safety pins on all the flowers, and made some bows out of ribbons and put safety pins on them. Finished decorating the baskets, then folded the 125 announcements.
Met with the pastor and got the service all arranged.
Called uncle asked him to do eulogy.
Took Kiddo to doctor
Turned in prescriptions
Went by restaurant, and reserved it for 20 people on Friday night
Went and got suburban, now we are gonna eat and then go get the medicine.

I still have to check in on the lady about the food, and maybe buy some drinks. I have to majorly clean my house for all the company, and I have zero energy. Wish friend would come help with that. hehehehe I have to put the pictures in the frames when they dry. And fill out the front of the guest book. Then have to get the sanctuary ready on Friday. And get with our uncle cuz he would only do the eulogy if we got with him, and he made it from me and Alekx.

I'm so gonna need a vacation and sleep after all this. hehehehee

Anyhow I rambled, and I just wanted to check in. I hope you all are doing well, and I'll be back soon, and checking in regularly. Probably middle of next week. Thank you all my wonderful blogger family. I adore you all!!!

11 comments:

Phoenix5 said...

(((((Burfica)))))))

Why do you have to do everything all the time? Try delegating sometime... it's very liberating! ;-)

I and my family will be with you in spirit on the 28th! We'll all wear something purple if possible. Give your family our love!

Mia said...

*hugs* Wow you've been busy, I like Phoenix's idea. Im going to wear purple on saturday too :D. My prayers are with you and your family at this very tough time.

Mike said...

I am so sorry for your loss! Hang tough! Let me know if you need anything!

Alekx said...

I really wish you wouldn't leave all the work for me to do. :-)

I'm gonna get my ass kicked aren't I?

I love you baby sister and you are doing a terrific job. I'll see you Friday to help take some of the pressure off.

Azathoth100 said...

I actually went out and bought a purple shirt for Sat. My heart is still with all of you. Know that your never far from my thoughts.

Burfica said...

(((((((Phoenix))))))))) I did try delegating. There is a difference between people offering to help and people actually helping. It gets to the point that I just do it.

Day Dreamer---I'm taking yesterday and today off. Not doing much. And thank you

Miranda---huuugggsssss the more purple the better. hehehehe

Mike--Thank you so much hun

Alekx--yes you are getting your ass kicked!!!!

Aza--you are so dam sweet!!!! And thank you so much!!!

MomThatsNuts said...

I sent a card to you and Mary, I hope it gets there before Saturday, but it might not. What the HECK is wrong with kiddo?? Thats alot of medicine. I know it will be hard, after, when all the "doing" is over and you can just sit...you call me if you need me then....hugs and prayers out your way....
Mom

Dorko said...

hugs and kisses, babe.
hugs and kisses....

Anonymous said...

*huge hugs to you and Alekx* Coincidentally, I'm wearing a purple shirt already today. Will keep you all in my thoughts this weekend.......

Julie said...

thinking about you all the days now sweets, love and hugs to you my friend.. you were there for me last year and I am here for you now.. Love to you,,,

RQ Whitaker said...

Burfica, glad to see you popping in every once in awhile...I'm including you and your family in my prayers and I hope you all are doing well (but please don't work too too too hard!), my thoughts and prayers and hugs are with you!