CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Quick Note

Just a quick note to let you all know we are still alive and kicking. This past weekend went really well. It was beautiful!!!! The memorial was so beautiful, and we had lots of laughs and lots of tears. We had all sorts of family there, and alot of people from town. The Church holds about 180 people and it was over half full. About 2/3's full. It was so nice to see all those who remembered mom fondly. Sunday went wonderfully too. We found an amazingly beautiful place to scatter mom. Hopefully Alekx will share the picture of the place with you all.

Alekx and the house elf left on Tuesday afternoon. So...yesterday was Gigantor's first day back at work and Kiddo's first day back at school. And me...well...I cried alot yesterday. Some of it hit me. I miss my mom, and I'm not looking forward to the coming year without her to talk to and council me.

Friday is Gigantor's birthday. I hadn't even thought about it with everything going on. He told me not to worry about it since we spent so much money over the past couple weeks. Of course I can't just forget about it. So...I told him maybe later in the month, and in reality, I'm planning something for Saturday. hehehehe I will take his friend D and Kiddo to walmart tomorrow and we will pick out a gift. Then my aunt and uncle said we could come over and have a bbq (elk steaks) on Saturday. So...I'm not gonna tell Gigantor. I'm just gonna tell him that I have to go sign some paperwork concerning mom, and we go up there, and SURPRISE!!!! Hopefully. hehehehe

Anyhow, I still have lots of thank you notes to make. So...I'm gonna go check blogs while I eat breakfast, then I'm off.

Happy Thursday everyone!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*fingers crossed* Surprise parties rock! It's good to "see" you around :)

Mia said...

Welcome back *BIG HUGS* Been praying for you guys.

Blog ho said...

sorry to hear of the funeral and such.

Azathoth100 said...

The tears will come now and then, just let them. Know that Mom is riding her horses and will be waiting to see you again someday.

I envy you your Elk Steaks, sounds yummy. (sorry Dreamer, I am a carnivore.)