CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Big News

Well we have big news.

I may have told you all that I had been pressuring my daddy to move up here closer to us. I've been pressuring him for the past 3 or 4 years. We wanted him to move, because he no longer had any family where he was, and as sad as it is, most of his friends had passed away. Also my father is now 65, and not in great health. Diabetic, and extremely high blood pressure. And I think his doctors are quacks, and don't have him on the proper medications. He won't monitor his blood pressure or blood sugar. And whenever he gets ticked, upset, or depressed, he eats the wrong way. I worry about my daddy. And he needs to be a much bigger part of Kiddo's life. That's the only Grand Kiddo he's getting.

So....last weekend he calls me and tells me how horrible things are going at work. How high his blood pressure is. How he might end up in the hospital. I said "don't make me put my foot down and come get you. Cuz I will while you are kicking and screaming. Because we need to take care of you and your health, I can't deal with another funeral right now" And daddy said "Well...I'm thinking about putting in my resignation soon" So..I say "good" Thinking that in the next month or two he will make up his mind, then put the letter in, and give at least 3 weeks to a month notice, cuz that's just how daddy is. In that time, I can get some money saved up to go get him and all his stuff, and his trailer (he lives in a 24 foot travel trailer) And we can have everything arranged. But...it didn't quite happen that way. hehehee

Daddy calls me on Wednesday. Says "Kitten---I put my resignation in today" Here is where you pick me up off the floor cuz I fell out of my chair. I mean this is what we always wanted, but a little notice folks. hehehehe So...I say "oh good, so when do we need to come down" He says his last day is March 17th. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Spring break is the next week. So...we will be headed down the 22nd probably (Wednesday) and hopefully be able to head home on that Saturday so that Kiddo can get a day of rest before going back to school. It's a good 9 hour drive without hauling stuff.

Now daddy is going to have to stay here for a while, until we can find a place/lot to put his trailer, and get it all hooked up. That may take a few weeks. And daddy needs to find a part time/or full time job. He says he still wants to work some. So..maybe the new super walmart. hehehehe people greeter.

Now we are going to have to ask Gigantors boss, for yet again, another loan. Because I drained my dam savings paying for mom's funeral. And, we hadn't been able to replenish it enough. I have on credit card that has no room on it. So...we are going to have to get that loan just to have money for gas, and food for the quick trip. Alekx has a friend that will probably let us stay in his spare room while we are there, so I won't have to pay for a motel. Thank the gods!! hehehehe

Okay...well, I had a really bad day today. I was doing fine, and the boys went out bunny blasting and coyote hunting. Then I ate peanut butter till I felt sick, then went in the back/master bathroom and cried for an hour. I do cry every day still, but only for seconds or a minute or two. But...today was alot. Hit me hard. So...now I'm out here enjoying a wine cooler, blogging, watching the Ozzy Osbourn special on A and E. hehehehee

I'm gonna go get toastie, and watch a couple movies. Have a good weekend everyone.

4 comments:

Phoenix5 said...

((((Burfica))))

Glad to hear you "Daddy" is moving up your way! I know how much you love having him around! I hope Gigantor's boss gives you the loan! Although, being that much in debt to one's boss can be a very bad thing! :-S

Chin up my friend! "This too shall pass!"

Mia said...

*hugs* great news about your dad.

I agree with phoenix...keep your chin up. Have some 'me' time.

MomThatsNuts said...

be careful what you ask for!!! YAY DAD~~~~

mom

RQ Whitaker said...

I'm glad your dad is moving up your way, at least because the stories you'll have are gonna be priceless!

Also, I don't know if this helps, but I always feel better when I drink a few juice boxes...there's something comforting about those little drinks!