CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 13, 2006

The Eagle

I'm so sorry I haven't posted more often. I'm dealing with alot of shit in my own head. But I did promise to post about the eagle, like Alekx wanted me too.

Let me lead you up to this.

Over 12 years ago, when I had my wedding (a had already been married for 6 months, by a J.P. but we wanted a religious wedding) Alekx and I wanted to do something nice for our mom. She had made lots of sacrifices through her life for us. To say she had not had an easy life was a major understatement. But she didn't complain. So....I got a friend to sing a song to her, dedicated from me and Alekx. We sat her down and sat in front of her. And the friend sang Eagle When She Flies, by Dolly Parton. For those of you who don't know this song. It basically says, that there is a woman who has gone through many trials in life. And the chorus says.

She's a sparrow when she's broken, but she's an eagle when she flies...

We thought this song described mom very well. So...that's why we had it sang to her, and she cried and cried.

Now fast forward.

When mom passed away, and I was sitting picking out music for her memorial. The first song I thought of was that one. Yes it told wonderful tails about the woman that she was. And now instead of saying she's and eagle when she flies about her strength it would mean now she's an eagle, soaring up above. We just thought it would fit so perfectly. And it had alot of meaning to all three of us. Alekx, myself and mom.

Now it was Alekx and my turn to cry and cry when that song was played.

That Sunday we drove up to a beautiful spot about 3 hours away called Oak Creek/Sedona area to scatter mom's ashes. She had many a fond memory there as a child. Alekx, house elf, myself, Gigantor, and Kiddo all gathered around with almost 20 other friends and family, that came along. And Alekx and I threw her in the creek, yelling "GOODBYE MOMMY, WE LOVE YOU" We were all cheering, it was a wonderful place she was in now. Then it all got quiet. As we all sat and thought. My uncle and his wife went off to sit and meditate and take in the scenery. My mother in law plopped down with Kiddo on the rocks and they took of their shoes and dangled their feet in the creek, just very quiet and just being with each other. Two of her friends walked off and just stared at the beautiful red, cathedral shaped, cliffs surrounding the area (as me uncle said, we should all be so lucky to have such a wonderful headstone) I sat and hugged another aunt and uncle just very quietly. Alekx and the house elf, stood and held hands and cried. Gigantor and a cousin and the cousins daughter were splashing from rock to rock across the creek to get pictures. When all of a sudden cousins daughter, started screaming "BURFICA!!!! LOOK!!!!" and she was pointing. Out of nowhere, I mean nowhere a BALD EAGLE came flying up the creek, just a few feet over the water. It got to where all of us where, and it started circling. It circled the area right above all of us, and slowly started going up in the sky. It's entire time circling and moving upward took about 15 minutes or so. Then when you could still see it plain as day, still a pretty big eagle, it POOFED. Not flew away, not flew up, just disappeared into thin air. Everyone that watched it saw the same exact thing. We all instantly were convinced that it was mom. She was the one soaring. And weather she was saying goodbye, or I'm watching you, or I love you. Either way, it was so very spiritual, and so very special to get that amazing gift. We all are very convinced it was mom. The symbolism is so amazing.

So anyhow, that is the just of the eagle story.

I'll try to post better. Just having alot of my own struggles right now.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!!!!

9 comments:

Scott & Julia said...

Wow Burf, what an amazing story! Big hugs to you, hope you get through these tough times.

Alekx said...

I thought I could make it through reading the story without crying again, I was wrong.
I'm bawling like a baby. AGAIN

Love you baby sis

Kerry M. Conway said...

aw! i love yeah so much girlie!

happy valentines day!

all my love, always,

kerry

Dorko said...

Crying and loving you guys, bunches! =)

Happy Valentine's Day, Burfie.

Kat said...

Absolutely amazing! Your family has received an incredible gift. What an honor to have an experience like that.

Phoenix5 said...

Wow... interesting story! Hugs to all your family! Hope things begin to look up for you soon!

As for feeling guilty because you haven't posted too regularily... don't fret it.. I'm MUCH worse at it than you are!!! LOL!

Julie said...

Thank you for sharing such a special story about such a moving moment... how extrordinary!! I think you are right about what happened. Take care sweets, much love to you all!
Happy Valentines

Azathoth100 said...

Perhaps she was saying all three things at the same time.

Mia said...

No need to appologize. *hugs* we're with you...its a beautiful post.