CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Humor in my House

Okay my mother in law is funny. Yes funny weird, but I mean funny ha ha this time.

She has been here for two and a half weeks. She stayed with us for a few days. She had kicked the renters out of their old house. And has been working on it. It looks as if she and the father in law may move back. At least in the winters. (they live in New Mexico) It's not a bad thing if they do. Seeing as most of Gigantor's sisters have moved away. They were the evil spawn creating all the problems with parents, and other of the siblings. It was horrid. Just sickening. But 4 of the 5 are moved away, and we have nothing to do with the 5th. And none of them keep in contact with us and we are fine with that. Anyhow. I'm getting off subject.

So....my mother in law has been here. And she has done a few things for me, since my back was out. She totally cleaned my kitchen. It looked so nice. And she did an amazing vacuum job. Got all the edges, and furniture. Well...the other day she was doing her laundry over here.

Well..She started to clean up the kitchen again. I was sitting at the table talking to her and doing avon stuff. I was watching her, sorta, out the corner of my eye. She was removing stuff off the counters and scrubbing them, and then doing the few dishes in the sink. Some bowls, glasses, and silverware. I vaguely remember her putting a box back under the sink. A box???

I smelled this familiar smell, but couldn't place it. It wasn't dish soap, it wasn't soft scrub, it wasn't the greased lightning. I just couldn't place it. So...she does those dished and dries them and puts them away. I don't think anything of it, and I go about my work.

After she left. I got thinking about it. And then I remembered I seen her put a box back under the sink. I go open the cabinet, and look in. There is a giant yellow arm and hammer box. But the giant yellow arm and hammer box is NOT baking soda. Which I think the mother in law thought it was. In fact, the giant yellow arm in hammer box, is indeed a big giant box of...dun dun dun.....Arm and Hammer Pet Fresh carpet deodorizer.

Then it hits me. OMG OMG OMG my mother in law just washed all my dishes and counters with carpet deodorizer!!!!!!!!!!!!! People were trying to eat off those dishes. I had to go in the cupboards and grab out all the dishes, not remembering how many it was, and re wash them and the counters.

She was trying to be so helpful...hehee and I had to re do the stuff...hehehe Ya just gotta laugh at that.

Have a good Wednesday everyone!!!

5 comments:

Sugar said...

*giggles*
Just gotta love her trying to help..I'm with NN give her an A for effort!

Mia said...

Lol...too funny.

Deb said...

ACKKKK! You should have realized once you smelled that 'familiar scent'. But, you were in pain, so can't blame ya for not checking. And yes, I do agree, give her A for effort. That was really nice of her to try and help....but I just can't help laughing over this!!!

Azathoth100 said...

Sounds almost like a Cousin of mine who, while his Mom was awa, realized they were out of Tide so used Windex in the laundry instead since it was just about the same blue color. Heh.
Kudos to the Mom-In-Law for trying though.

MomThatsNuts said...

you REWASHED THE DISHES.....no one in this house would notice if I washed dishes with DOG POO as long as they didnt have to do it...hehehehe
hang in there girl

mom