CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 24, 2006

GRRRrrrrrrrrr

That's right, I growled. Hear me roar *rar* What a week we have had. uggghhh Just gotta roll with the punches though.

Our phone was a piece of crap, the 6 and 2 button barely worked and it would not keep a charge, so about a week ago we went and bought a new one. Then...it would start shutting off in mid calls. Just hanging up on people, and sometimes I couldn't get it to work. No dial tone, nothing. So...we go replace the phone, and guess what?? No dial tone, nothing. So Gigantor goes out and plugs the phone into the main box behind our house. Nope, nothing there either. Just fricken great. About a year ago it went out. And the entire line up to the main pole (4 houses away) and their little box on that pole were out. On Friday Gigantor went up to the phone company place and nobody was there but the door was unlocked so he left a note on their computer screen. Nobody bothered to contact us. So...we had to call the 800 number and couldn't get it fixed till this week. We asked why the note was ignored. And we were told that that place is supposed to be locked at all times, cuz it's only a substation. Well...they got in big trouble it was unlocked and nobody there. But you know what if they would have answered the dam note, nobody would have known. hehehehe

So...the guy is out today, doing work from main pole to my box, back and forth. Seeing as it's noon and we were promised they would be here at 8. I guess I'm just lucky they showed up the same day.

I got what I thought was a UTI last week, and the over the counter stuff. Well..I had a reaction to it. I was sicker than a dog. Then after I felt a little better. Kiddo got real sick for a couple days. uggghhh

Gigantor had to work this weekend. Not that big of a deal. But it ended up pissing me off, and us getting in a fight. I was promised he would be home between 9 and 10 saturday morning, (he goes in at 5) So...10 comes and goes, 11 comes and goes. No big deal, I thought he was just a little late. 12 comes and goes, I still wasn't angry yet. By 12:30 I was getting ticked that I hadn't even got a phone call. He came home a little after 1. No phone call or nothing. He had promised Kiddo he was gonna do a bunch of stuff with him, and he broke that promise without so much as a courtesy of a phone call. I understand having to work late, really I do. But when you promise people things, at least have enough fricken courtesy to call and explain why it isn't gonna happen. So...he had to walk on eggs the rest of the day, and hussle his butt to help get everything done he promised. I was not letting him out of a dam thing. I would have if he called, but dam.

So Sunday he had to work also, he says it's alot faster than Saturday, and he promises again that he will be home between 9 and 10. I told him I didn't believe him, cuz his concept of time is all fucked up. (this goes back for 14 years so don't think I'm just bitching about his misconstrued time on one day) So...Sunday. 10 comes and goes, 11 comes and goes. He got home about 11:30. But I let it slide, because he did try to call, but since we don't have a phone working it was the cell phone and he forgot to turn it off of silent when we came out of the movie the night before. So..when I looked there were 6 missed calls. He did try to call. He was off the hook for Sunday.

Well I'm gonna go make faces at the phone guy. Hope you all have a great Monday!!!

P.S. sorry this turned out to be a very boring post. You can wake up now and go read another blog. hehehe

3 comments:

Sugar said...

6 missed calls???
He did more than TRY to call, the poor guy was frantic....worrying you were gonna kick his butt!!! lol

Hope your phone is back in order now :)

Alekx said...

So I'm thinking after the phone guy got done fixing the phone you sucked him into the vortex bra so that he'll be there next time you need him.
Don't forget to feed him to feed him though.

Mia said...

I can't say I've ever experiences 'a workoholic' as mine was a lazy ass that slept on weekends. But good of him to have tried calling on sunday.