CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 10, 2006

THE TALK

Blue cuz it's Kiddo's favorite color, and since the humor in this post is at his expense. I'll make it blue for him.

You all remember "THE TALK" right??? The one where you wanna finally find out all about where babies come from??? My mother never gave me that talk, I had to find out from t.v. and friends...but I digress.

Anywhoo....I have been skirting around having this talk with the Kiddo. Basically cuz I DON'T WANNA (insert whinie voice here) Kiddo has known for a long time that babies come from mommies tummies. Hell he watches animal planet, I thought he would just "get it" ya know.

Other night after he was in bed, he comes out, and goes. "Mom, dad, I know babies come from mothers stomachs, but how do they get in there???" I choke/snorted and sorta screamed in a panic "YOUR FATHER WILL EXPLAIN IT" At which point Gigantor gave me the "deer caught in the headlights" look. He told Kiddo he would explain it on another day cuz it was way past his bedtime.

Kiddo goes to bed, and I sorta punch Gigantor in the arm and tell him "Nice way trying to get out of it butthead." Good part about that is, that he was so shocked still he didn't realize that I had just completely pawned it off on him. hehehehee

So Gigantor just informes me last night that a couple days after that he went and had "THE TALK" with kiddo. Gigantor being an E.M.T. wanted to be thorough. He also wanted to make sure he explained everything so that Kiddo would get all the information and be able to deal with is.

Gigantor tells me that he is going into some major detail actually. And Kiddo keeps looking at him confused, then trying to walk away. He has to keep making him come back, as he continues to explain. After "THE TALK" Gigantor asks kiddo if he has any questions. And Kiddo is like "uhhhh....no"

Now flash to the next morning. Kiddo is watching the cartoon Ed, Edd, and Eddy. And one of the boys goldfish has babies. And the boy is running around announcing the babies. Well....Kiddo spins around, with this stormy accusing look right at Gigantor, and screams. "SHEESH DAD, I ASKED THAT QUESTION BECAUSE I SEEN THIS CARTOON THE OTHER DAY, AND WANTED TO KNOW WHERE THE GOLDFISH BABIES CAME FROM ON HERE. I DIDN'T WANT ALL YOUR GROSS EXPLANATION OF STUFF WITH MOMS!!!!!!!!!!!"

Gigantor's jaw dropped and I ran into the other room horking coffee out of my nose, cuz I was laughing so hard. hehehehe

I guess what I'm trying to say, is if you have kids, make sure they are really ready and wanting "THE TALK" before forcing it on them and causing them to need therapy for the rest of their lives. hehehehehe

Happy Monday everyone!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's way, way too funny!!!!

Alekx said...

I can just see the look on his face as he's telling that to Gigantor
I horked coffee outta my nose and I haven't had coffee since this morning

Rocky said...

Priceless birds and the bees story!

Sugar said...

Jeeez I just spat my breakfast at the screen..(oops too much info!) that is so funny...I so needed to laugh today, your posts always make me smile and remember the humour in everyday life...kids are great aren't they!!!

Julie said...

ROFLMAO!! well, to think about it, it is really gross (to feel so damn good!)...I remember when the girl up the road told me that a guy puts his pee pee up her pee hole and then he pees in her.. I thought I would throw up myself as a kid.. of course I was glad to hear that was inaccurate, ha! (well, I hear some people like that, ha)

Azathoth100 said...

Poor Gigantor. Bet he feels like an a** now. I never got the talk, just figured everything out by myself.