CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 03, 2006

Hating the 4th

No I'm not hating the 4th because I'm anti american. I'm hating the 4th, because that is/was my mom's birthday. We always did a huge celebration the entire day for her birthday. We would get up and take her to the parade, and have breakfast while watching. We would take her to all the festivities at the park, get some navajo taco's or something for lunch. Then we would go home and cool down. Maybe go to the store or watch a movie. Then every year, mom wanted KFC and their cole slaw. She loved KFC cole slaw. So I would buy a meal, and make a cake, and we would go park to watch fire works, and have dinner and sing happy birthday and have cake.

But this year the 4th is bothering me. I don't want to play. I would rather stay in bed all day. I am missing her something horrible. Of course, since I am a mom, and want my son to enjoy the 4th, I will not stay in bed. I will suck it up and put on a happy face, even if I don't feel that way. And I will just cry later on my own.

Okay enough of that. uggghhhh My back is actually a little better, and not because I let it rest. No, it was getting much much worse on Friday and Saturday. By Sunday I had been crying from the pain. If any of you know me. I do NOT cry when I'm in pain unless it's dire dire dire pain. So...we called the chiropractor, and he actually did a house call yesterday. Thank god. He got my mid back to stop hurting completely, and actually got it so where I could move a little better. I'm still using my cane, but it's not near as bad as it was. I go in again this afternoon. Wish me luck, and lets hope it takes good care of it today.

I found this fun little quiz thing over at Miranda's blog. So...I'm gonna do that, and if you would like to, feel free. It was a little different, so that is cool.

#1. The book nearest me, page 18 line 4.........Mummies Made in Egypt-Aliki (kiddo's book we are reading) Fluids from the corpse dripped into a container as the body dried out.

#2. Stretch out left arm, what do you touch.....The couch, my cane and my monkey butt pillow

#3. Last thing watched on Television....Animal Cops--Houston

#4. Without looking, what time is it....10:20a.m.

#5. What actual time is it....10:41 a.m.

#6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear.....the t.v. on animal planet, kiddo playing medal of honor in the other room, and the parakeets singing.

#7. When did you last step outside....Thursday, to go to the doctor, not since, because I couldn't move.

#8. Before this survey what did you look at....my breakfast and my e-mail. heheheh

#9. What are you wearing..... an off purple color pants, sage green sleevless shirt, multi color watch, and curves tennies.

#10. Did you dream last night....Of course, I dream every night. I think I dreamt of being on a island, and living in a cave. hehehe

#11. When did you last laugh....last night watching a comedy

#12. What is on the walls in the room..... besides dust??? hmmmm I have some shelves with dragon figurines hung up, and some unicorn and dragon pictures. A coat rack and a hat holder, and Gigantors Billy Big Mouth Bass above the door.

#13. Seen anything weird lately....Come on, we are talking about me and my family, when don't I see anything weird? hehehe

#14. What do you think of this quiz....It's cool cuz it's not the usual thing.

#15. What is the last film you saw...at the theater, X-men 3 here at home we watched Big mamma's house 2 and 40 year old virgin.

#16. If you became a multi millionaire what would you buy....I would pay families homes and cars off. Then buy us a big ranch with a little pond lake on it, and a boat. (all the animals that go on a ranch)

#17. Tell me something we don't know....I have a pretty big gap between my two front upper teeth.

#18. If you could change one thing about the world what would you do....Lots of people said to feed the hungry. I don't think that is what I would do. I think I would take away all hate. Hate of animals, hate of other people, hate of self. Take away absolutely all the hate. It's time for people to get the fuck over themselves.

#19. Do you like to dance....I used to love it. Did alot of country dancing 2-stepping and what not. But the only time Gigantor will dance with me is if he's drunk, and he used to go out all the time dancing. So...I refuse to dance with him unless he's sober, so we never go dancing.

#20. George Bush....One--I think he was better than the other evils that could have been. Two--weather I like him or not, he was voted in, so GET THE FUCK OVER IT PEOPLE!!!! (if you love america, you'll respect the choices that we fought so hard to be able to make)

#21. Imagine your first child is a girl.....she would be nekkid then cuz I have all boy stuff. h ehehe

#22. Imagine your first child is a boy....already there.

#23. Would you consider living abroad....I wouldn't mind Australia. Gigantor lived in Italy and loved it.

#24. What will God say to you when you reach the pearly gates....Nothing, he's just gonna double over in laughter, and point. Maybe do a little "neiner neiner neiner" heheheh

#25. 3 people who will do this quiz....I dunno. if ya wanna, then do it.

Even though I'm irritable about the 4th. I really hope you all have a great one. Please stay safe, don't drink and drive and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Ms. Diner said...

Um.... what is a monkey butt pillow?

Jim said...

am sorry to hear about yr dear mum
but i am sure she dont want to see u blue


so have a ball dis fourth and every fourth

hoping yr ass (i mean yr back gets better soon)

Mia said...

Aww *hugs* I can't imagine how hard it must be. But she will always be with you in your heart and memories. Try and stay tough, have fun with the kiddo, and then later have a good cry.

"Fluids from the corpse dripped into a container as the body dried out. " Oi....lmao...must have boys in the house. lol

Sugar said...

Great Meme....sorry your feeling a little sad today, I'll go with M's advice, have your cry later on, it's ok to miss those we love, our memories keep them alive for us and enable us to live our lives knowing that somewhere they watch over us, smiling.
Take Care sweetheart x

MomThatsNuts said...

God Bless Miss Peggy and God bless you and your family (including but not limited to Miss "M"..hehehe) chin up honey~~~

mom

JUST ME said...

holidays are overrated.

seriously.




i like to invent my own and celebrate them LOUDLY on random Wednesdays.

it's fun