CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Busy but Fun

We have been busy past couple days, but we've been having fun. Last night (evening) we took Kiddo and his friend K out to see Fantastic 4, Rise of the Silver Surfer. It was much better than I thought it would be. It was good. I didn't realize the Surfers voice was Lawrence Fishburn. He was awesome.

As we got out of the theater, we both had voice mails. It was from my aunt. Her and my uncle invited us out to dinner. There is a place called Paria Outpost. They have an all you can eat bbq. All their meat is smoked. They have a small salad bar, then they have smoked beef brisket, pork ribs, chicken, salmon, rolls, cornbread, pinto beans, spanish rice, and then three or 4 choices of desert. OMG the beef brisket is my favorite, so good and tender, and smoked just right.

After dinner we visited with them a bit. My insomnia kicked in and I didn't fall asleep till almost 3 in the morning. Gigantor let me sleep in this morning and he did some vacuuming. He's a good giant. Then he ran to walmart for dog food, and grabbed Ghost Rider DVD. I told him that was part of his fathers day gift. He was fine with that.

We then had some sonic, and watched the stargates we recorded last night. Went to safeway, to buy some steaks that were on sale (for dinner tomorrow), some t-bones. Also stocked up our fresh fruit and veggies. Then we all played around as a family for a bit. And...we had some dinner, and then Gigantor and Kiddo went down to the carnival.

I say down, because it's about 4 blocks down the way from us. hehehehe They called me on the cell phone when Kiddo was on the Sizzler. Daring little shit. hehehe

Tomorrow I think we are just gonna clean the birdcage, and do some dishes, and probably watch movies. Gigantor deserves to relax.

To all you dad's out there HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!


6 comments:

Alekx said...

The Sizzler
he was at a steak house?

Burfica said...

alekx---hahahaha smart ass

Canadian flake said...

sounds like you are having a good weekend. We all need to have some fun and recharge our batteries every now and again.

none said...

thanks, I wasn't sure about the surfer.

Sounds like a good day, at first glance I thought you wrote the retaurant's name Pariah outpost.. lol

Burfica said...

flake--fun is a big part of every day for me.

Hammer---hehehehe Paria, and is old Paria the movie set (old west movies)

Jules said...

I love beef brisket.
I hate insomnia.
I love family events.