CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 06, 2009

My weekend was like being hit in the face with a pile of poo.

First of all, that picture is so dam funny it makes me fart when I laugh.

Now on to the reason of the title about my weekend.

Saturday, I was sleeping in. Gigantor took Kiddo down to the IDPA shoot. It's combat shooting practice. They usually have a police officer doing it. It was their first time, and Kiddo did very well. He did the double shots right in the main body mass on all the targets. Well one he got in the head, but that doesn't minus points.

Okay so they are on their way home from that, and the idler pully in the suburban froze up and busted the belt then the pully busted all apart. Gigantor was able to coast into where my dad lived, and used his car and went to Checker auto, they said they didn't have the parts but Car Quest did. So he goes to Car Quest, and they had the wrong pulley, so then he's off to Napa. He gets the pulley back in and realizes he has the wrong belt, so goes back to car quest. Turns in the other belt, and they don't have the right one, so back to Checker.

He came hom 3:30 and none of us had even eaten that day yet. So...yeah we bought some taco's. Dinner was a small sandwich later. lol

So...we stay up watching movies, and such. Go to bed. I'm sitting in bed, and got sucked into a movie, so I stayed up and watched it. Turned out the lights to go to bed at 3 in the morning. The phone started ringing at 4 in the morning.
I grab it, thinking someone is dead.

Me: Hello (loud and breathless)
Voice on other End: Is this (enter first and last name)
Me: Yes it is.
voice: this is officer so and so from the Police dept
(I thought maybe he was outside and something was wrong)
Me: Okay
Officer: Do you still own the trailer down in the KOA at space **
Me: Well it's actually my dad's but my name is one it.
(my heart is beating fast now. I'm thinking OMG it's fucking burned down, or they found my dad dead inside)
Officer: Well there has been an inncodent.
Me: What happened??? (I'm almost in major panic moad now. Gigantor is up getting dressed, and asking what what? cuz he can see my face and hear my voice)
Officer: Well someone came around the corner at the back and hit your dads trailer and knocked it off the pad.
Me: (so relieved that it didn't burn down and dad not dead) OH GOOD!!
Officer: Pardon me?
Me: Then that means my dad is okay. He's at work.

Gigantor went down there and met with another officer. One that makes my Giant look like a fricken midget. This guy is HUGE to say the least. They look at the trailer.

My dad lives at the very back of the trailer park, so he's sorta out of the way not bugging anyone. Well there is a corner on the street right out front of him to turn around the trailers facing his. This guy in a truck came whipping around that corner at 50 plus mph (parks speed limit is 5mph) And his truck fish tailed and the back end smacked into my dad's trailer, the tongue of it, thank goodness.

But....BUT he was going so fast and hit it so hard that it threw the trailer over 6 feet. Broke all the jackes underneath it, and flung 2 of the propane bottles down the road and the other 100 gallon bottle that was chained to it, whipped so hard it got lodged beneath the trailer.

Luckily a lady a few trailers down and behind heard it, and looked out and saw the truck, then her husband ran over and turned off all the propane. And she called the police.

Other very lucky thing, is as the HUGE officer and Gigantor were standing there talking, low and behold a truck fitting that description starts pulling down the street. HUGE cop goes and steps in front of it, and asks them if they were involved in an incident earlier. Driver denied it. HUGE cop walked around the truck, and their right back end was fucked!!! and parts of their truck all over where my dad's trailer is. So...he goes, back and goes, wanna tell me again.

Passenger says, Yeah he hit the trialer. The passenger is the one that owned the truck, and luckily had insurance. The driver got arrested for hit and run, and DUI and reckless driving and excessive speed.

So...now we are waiting on police report to get to the insurance and we have to try and find quotes from somewhere, and there are NO rv places here, sales, repair, nothing.

Anyhow, that was our weekend, we are still tired as hell, we were up all night sat/sun and all day sunday, and from stress up most of last night.

Hope you all had a better weekend.

10 comments:

Muhd Imran said...

Your weekend was good most part until that phone call. Fortunately no casualties except the trailer itself.

Hope you can get it settled without the stress.

Have a good week ahead instead.

none said...

What an idiot! I'm glad he got arrested.

Good thing there wasn't anyone inside.

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Gawd, people can be so stupid. I'm glad he got busted too!!

Hope it all gets fixed soon, and you have a better week than the way it started.

Crystal said...

Wow - that's a crazy story. When you started talking about the HUGE cop I thought you were going to say that he and Gigantor lifted the trailer back up or something! LOL Hope your week gets better!

CrystalChick said...

WOW! Some weekend. Luckily, no one was hurt in the trailer incident and I'm really glad they caught the guy.
Hope you get info. on the insurance stuff soon and get to rest up too!

Coffeypot said...

I'm gald those tanks didn't explode and blow the truck dirve to hell...well, kind of thankful.

Libby said...

burfica, i'm with crystal, when you said the cop was huge, i was sure that the story would end with them lifting the trailer up!! lol!! this was rare story where nobody got hurt, the bad guy was caught...now the insurance shit...well, that's a different story...

Biddie said...

Thank goodness nobody was hurt!
I can't believe that guy tried to deny the accident...What a jerk!

captain corky said...

That really sucks but I'm really glad that nobody got hurt!

~SugarBear~ said...

Thankfully your dad wasn't hurt. Hope everything gets fixed quickly. Take a deep breath & eat a little chocolate (it makes everything better!)