CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Good Game

The Tigers had a good game last night.. We lost, but it was a really good game. We played the best team in the league. And at least we didn't get skunked.. Final score 3 to 1... And not only are these kids the best team in the league, but pretty crooked players. You could hear parents and coaches telling them to trip or push players if they need to... What is with that shit?? But, we may have lost, but our little troop of boogers had the ball in their endzone most of the game. And no wonder we didn't make any goals. Their goalie was as big as Andre the Giant. He was huge, just had to sit in the way of the goal to get the ball. Big like Mongo. hehehehehe

Now my son is not the most athletic of kids. He is more into fine motor skill things, than sports. But god bless him, he loves to play. So the coaches usually put him as a defender. That way not much running and he is a big boy so he can get into the crowd and kick that ball out. Well....last night he was put as a forward twice. And poor thing, you tell him to run and he has this jog that is slower than his walk. So...anywhooo my little turtle does his wog (walk/jog) down toward their goal, and the ball gets kicked to him. This is about the time that I realize the kid is on the other end of the field. So... as I scream and choke on the mouth full of sunflower seeds I have. (needing to be beat on the back by the dad seated next to me) My little guy kicks with all of his might. But by this time. Giagantor the goalie has belly flopped on the ball. Final outcome--- Cleat vs. side of Harvey the Hill Giants head... (thank god the officials didn't see or we woulda been fouled) So the Cave Troll goalie let out a howl of pain and chucked this ball all the way down to the other endzone. Dammit all anyway. One of the moms comes up... is jumping up and down... screaming I was cheering so hard for your son to make a goal!!! Oh my gosh wasn't that great??? As I am still pointing to my throat, turning blue, and trying to get this handful of sunflower seeds to spew forth. As I get the mass unclogged from my throat, and am able to breath again, and stop seeing the world spinning. I start screaming "YEAH SON, WTG, GOOD JOB" and everyone is looking at me, because now they are on their 3rd quarter break. hehehehe Needless to say I was very proud. I think that moment for him made up for him successfully blocking the other teams goal attempt with is face. The Tigers had made a line, to block the ball, from a corner kick the other team was doing. My poor guys face must have had the perfect target on it. Not only did they not make a goal, but the officials called a halt to play as the little guy drops to the ground howling and holding his face like it fell off. So as he is snuffling, and hugging his daddy... Everyone is cheering Yeahhhhhhhh nice block bud.. that prompted him to get back up and play. Nice way to use your head bud. Wonder what exciting things next game will bring.

0 comments: