CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Doing better

Well I am doing somewhat better. My ankle is still really sore. Hobbling around with a cane a little bit. My elbow is sore, but my thumb and wrist are what's the worst feeling along with my ankle right now.

I went to a regular doctor yesterday for a follow up. She took that cast like brace off of me, and oh my gosh. I was having some sort of reaction to it. I had this rash, and some blisters on my wrist and hand. She said to keep it off. She got me this brace that goes over my thumb and down the inside of my wrist, and it just velcro's on. She also put me in an arm sling. Told me it would probably be a week or longer I would wear that. Then told me I had to see an orthapedist.

The orthapedist squeezed me in today. He moved my elbow around and checked out my thumb and wrist. He said, I could take the sling off, but just not to straighten my elbow all the way, and not to push up with that arm. So no heavy stuff. He told me to keep wearing the thumb and wrist brace as long as it makes things feel better. He just thought they were bruised deep and on the bone, and sprained. He is gonna see me in 10 days, to recheck everything.

Here is the really good news. He says if I'm gentle on my ankle, and not moving my left arm, I can go ahead and start my water aerobics on Monday. yayyyyyyyyyyy I was so looking forward to that. So now we get to do them. I even bought a new bathing suit and was gonna be pissed if I didn't get to use it. LOL

So...any how just a little update, and I'm sorta typing with two hands right now. So things are looking up. LOL

Looks like we are all going to go see Madagascar tomorrow night, and maybe go out to dinner. Then on Sunday we are going to this wildlife park, that you can drive through and the giraffes and stuff stick their heads right in the car, way cool.

Happy Thursday everyone

Much huuuggggssss your way.

10 comments:

Kat said...

I'm sooo glad you're feeling better and that you can get to work out in your new bathing suit! Thanks for keeping us updated! I've been sending up lots of prayers on your behalf and sending you lots of chocolate vibes.....

MomThatsNuts said...

SO SO SO SO glad your getting better fast!! And I am glad to hear you get to start the water aerobics. They are very very little impact I think you will be FINE...You keep your chin up girl!! It will all work out...

Mom

Julie said...

aww, I'm so glad things are going so much better, you will be all frisky and beatin up your sister before you know, ha! don't let her know I said that, tee hee :)
I love water aerobics! it's good to know that w/ all things 'this too shall pass'.. that is something I should have remembered!

ThreeOliveMartini said...

woohoooo!!>. i swear if a giraffe sticks its head in the car window you better get a picture.. you know they are my favourite..

~SugarBear~ said...

Glad you're getting better so quickly! Get some cool animal pics & post them for us.

Unknown said...

Hi Burfi...but at this point..I'm sure I'm not as hi as you are.....lol....

Op~

BM, The Necessary Movement said...

Yes take it slow!! laid back suckin' on gin and juice and pain killers!!!

Snoop would be proud as am I

Mia said...

Smiles...yay...it's not much longer and you'll be feeling 100%. You have a great weekend, and please dont feed the bears...lol.

Kerry M. Conway said...

*smiles* i am so glad to hear you are feeling better love-if you need anything, perks, morphine, tylonol with codine...lmao

i'd hug yeah sweet heart but i dont want to hurt yeah, you poor little doll =(

Azathoth100 said...

Glad to hear the prognosis is ggod. Have fun in the water classes and be careful sweetie.