CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Thing While I was Sick

Orange for Halloween!!!! I'll try not to make this post to awfully long with everything that has been going on.

Two weeks ago, I thought I was dying. He I was so sick. I've been needing a couple things for the house in a bad way. I need a new kitchen table. I want one with a leaf so I can make it smaller or bigger. Ours--the legs are rickety, and the leaf has some broken pieces so it doesn't sit straight. I also very big time needed another couch and love seat. Mine were so worn out. I had had them for 10 years, and I bought them used from my aunt that had them maybe 10 or 15 years. They were in great shape when I got them, but now... Now they are all flat, and the bottom falling out. I had foam padding in between the couch and cushions, and pillows on top and it was still so low to the ground. So....Friday, two weeks ago. Gigantor comes home for lunch. And goes, "honey, Bruces Easy Rent, had a bunch of couch and love seats outside" I'm like OOoh. He says "yeah they had all of them selling as is, and there were expensive one's and a couple that were only 349 for the set" I'm like "Dayummmmmm what's wrong with them" He goes.."well....umm....they are purple, one is dark purple and one is light purple" I'm gagging cuz I hate purple, but dam we needed another couch and love seat in a bad bad way. So...I say "lets go look anyway" So...we drive down there, and Gigantor points and goes "seee" I look, I take off my shades and look, I put them back on and look. Then I slap his arm and go "YOU DORK" And take of his shades, and say "they are black and brown DUMBASS" He goes "Oh shit, my shades made them look purple" well duh!! So...we get out and look, They are both suede sets. They were repo's that they couldn't sell for the past 3 months so they marked them down to 349 bucks for the set. The black one was nice only a couple dirty spots, but the cushions were a little flat. The brown set is a dark chocolate brown, and the love seat has a couple light spots like cleaner was splashed there. I was told how to fix that. Fucking A, a higher, newer, genuine suede couch and love seat set that is only a year old!!! I go in and start signing paper work baby. Best part is, we only have to pay 50 bucks a month, and they delived them. Better than the price is THEY AREN'T PURPLE!!!!

Tuesday a week ago, was kiddo's school play. Gigantor was in it. It was about Freedom and American hero's. So...he was in his heavy ass fire "bunkers" (the big yellow pants and coat they wear" He sweated his ass off on stage, but it was for the kids, so anything for them. After the play we went down to the Kawasaki place to pick up our new baby. Two months of hard labor and crunching the numbers to figure out we could afford it. We have always known we would get 4 wheelers eventually (one of our goals) And we came across and excellent sale. It's a 650 Kawasaki. And we really started looking into it, when gas started killing us. We got an extended cab truck and a suburban people. We wanted to get one street legal so Gigantor could drive it to and from work and the fire dept. And on the plus side, we can load it in the truck and take it up to the mountain and out to the lake. So...we come across a screaming sale and deal. We got the 4 wheeler, got it street legal, got saddle bags for it, and got two helmets for 49 bucks a month for the first two years. The good part of that is...in just over a year we will have cleared up a bill that is 300 bucks a month, so we can easily put 200 a month on the 4 wheeler and still be saving money. The other plus is that every week we were getting 50 bucks in gas in Gigantors truck to squeeze by. We got gas this week in the 4 wheeler---nine dollar and fitty cents. Whoooo flippin hoooooo

On Wed of last week had to take two of the dogs to the vet. One check up and one allergy shot, for 75 bucks.

Thursday, we had parent teacher conferences. I won't get all the way into it. But lets just say I was ready to do battle with them. Kiddo was failing math and spelling, and it was their fault, cuz his regular teacher and special ed teacher (cuz he's behind in reading and timed work) never met and got on the same page. Poor kiddo was doing 4 to 5 hours of homework a night (4th grade people) And I was pissed the fuck off!!! Anyhow, met with them both at the same time. Got everyone on the same page. Told to disregard his report card it would be fixed next 9 weeks. Also given different class work and homework. Now only between 1/2 to 1 and a half hours of homework a night.

Weekend we cleaned house, put up Halloween decorations, and got the last part of his costume made (cape for darth vader) I just have to get some light sticks. He has black pants, black long sleeve shirt, black gloves, black cape, and a voice changing helmet. So he is gonna have a couple light sticks on his front and a couple on his back. He will be carrying a light saber and I'm gonna make him keep it turned on.

With how busy I was, it's no wonder that I could just not get well. I kept taking my meds. I finished my antibiotics on Monday, but I still don't feel all the way better. I can not for the life of me get rid of this cough. I take cold and cough thera flu, and then two thera flu cough strips and cough drops each night and it's iffy if I get any sleep cuz of the coughing.

I think I have updated you all for the past couple weeks. I really tried to keep it short. hehehehe

On a side note. My friend Phoenix over at Nest of the Phoenix --Said there is gonna be some big announcement soon. And everybody knows I have no patience so I keep bugging him about it. But he's not budging. Help a girl out would ya, and go over there and see if you can guess, like I have been doing.

Happy Hump Day All!!!

P.S. Spell check said for Kawasaki--should be Sausage

hehehehe

9 comments:

Phoenix5 said...

BURF!!!!!! YOU ARE SOOO LUCKY YOU LIVE 1000 MILES AWAY FROM ME!!!!!!!

Burfica said...

*insert wicked little grin here*

ThreeOliveMartini said...

girllll did you write a fucking book or what??

i think i zoned out at darth vader.. but i knew all this stuff anyway ..

lol

The Unknown said...

Get better sicky!
love

Unknown said...

Burfy..thanks for keeping it short!
Sounds llike there's a lot of good news going on over there...hooray!

OP~

Alekx said...

No rest for the wicked
And you are very much a evil wicked person
bwhaa haaaa haaaa

Azathoth100 said...

Sounds like your running your a** off there Bur. try getting some rest so you can shrug off the illness.

MomThatsNuts said...

Ahhh New stuff is SOOOO fun......

You crazy girl.....

and about that snarky disneyland comment......

LMFAOOOOOO

Mom

Dorko said...

Such a newsy... long running post...

HEY!!!???

You been dipping into the Halloween candy stash early? huh? huh? =)

Note to self: get halloween candy stash don't worry about children youre working that night. heh.