CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 03, 2005

Pinons and Flaming Crotches

Well Saturday we went up to the mountain to go pinon picking. We got Dorko's advice a little to late. hehehee We were covered in sap. And of course I forgot to take any soap. So we had to scrub our hands with dirt. The kids got bored really fast, cuz there were no critters running about down in the pinon pines. And it was way hotter near them, then up around the ponderosa and aspens. So....we only ended up picking about an hour or two. And it was our first try, so we hadn't perfected any technique yet. We know what we are gonna do next time, and it should be much faster and much more productive.

Anyhow about 1 or so, we decide to drive up into the ponderosa and take a back road to go find a clearing and make a fire and have lunch and smores hehehehe
We go on this road (if you can call it a road) a very "less traveled" road. And got down in this little canyon, and followed it for about a half hour. Then we pulled off and dug a fire pit, set the boys to collecting fire wood. And roasted hot dogs. It was way chilly up there too, after we got out of the Pinon pines. So we had coats on, and all had our chairs pretty close to the fire. After hot dogs we roasted marshmallows and made smores. The boys kept throwing pine needles and little sticks on the fire. Young boys just love to throw shit on fire. And Gigantor was letting them throw small things of our trash on the fire. Well...Gigantor gets this avon box we were using with the nuts out. It was covered in sap. So..he tears it in half and decides to throw it on the fire. He throws the first half, and the fire flames way way up. And the wind starts. Both boys, scream HOT HOT HOT and pull their chairs way way back. I'm trying to get out of my chair and do the same thing, and the wind blows it right all over me. I yell at Gigantor as I'm trying to tip my chair backwards away from it, and he runs in between me and the fire, and I get moved back. So...me and the boys are screaming at him for putting that big thing on the fire when we are that close, and not to do it again. He's sorta giggling. If you could have seen it, it was a rather funny sight. I then announce to him "THANKS ALOT FOR COOKING MY CROTCH" And the boys literally fell over laughing. Upon further inspections, my shoestrings and the hair on my arms was singed. I also had a hole in the stomach of my shirt where an ember landed and burnt it. The boys seemed fine, but we found a nickel size burn hole on Big J's coat. We then put the fire out, and decided to get going. Gigantor decides instead of turning around he wants to drive along the path (NOT A PATH) and see where it comes out. So...we are bumping, and jumping along the trail in 4 wheel drive. We get in an area we can't turn around or back up, and to go forward, we scrape a 5 inch in diameter branch down the passenger side of the suburban GRRRRRRRRRRR We then find a hill this little path goes up. (hill HA it was a fricken cliff) and Gigantor is trying to put it in 4 low and go up. Me and the kids are yelling at him. NO NO NO NO NO He's like "well if I don't make it, we will go back down" This thing looked so steep and angled to one side in a couple places I knew we would get stuck or flip. So...I very sternly in my "don't mess with mom" voice told him "there is no FUCKING way you are going up this cliff" He got mad, but finally turned around. The trial that would have taken us a half hour if we turned around by the camp fire, took us 2 hours to finally get out of. Stupid men. I mean the worst part would be if something did happen. Hardly anyone was on the mountain, and we are on this trail that only maybe was used once last year. And our cell phone was on roam. NO NO NO NO NO

We finally get out on the main road and get back to Jacob Lake Lodge (don't ask me, there are no lakes on that mountain) and go potty, and buy the boys a GIANT cookie, and set out for home. (hour and a half away) It was 8 at night before we got home. We were so dang tired.

We were so tired we were lazy yesterday. Did some dishes, and laundry and watched t.v. That was about it. Lazy lazy. Well Gigantor did have to unload the suburban. I've been picking pine needles out of the pinon seeds now. Then I can wash and cook them.

Well I could probably talk about more stuff. Like the parade, or the stunt motorcyle riders, or the movies we watched, or even how my vortex bra has come back in full force!!!! But I've rambled long enough. And I'm still trying to brainstorm over a halloween costume. Nothing has completely appealed to kiddo yet. I keep wanting him and his friend to go as a booger and a finger, but they don't wanna play that game. hehehehehe

Happy Monday all!!!!

5 comments:

ThreeOliveMartini said...

at least it wasnt a flaming marshmallow on your crotch!

LOL

Phoenix5 said...

ROTFLOL!!! Burf... your family cracks me up! You guys do the craziest things! Just think of all the stories Kiddo will be able to tell HIS grandkids someday! He'll have them spellbound! OK, the word verification system is getting downright provocative! word for today: "bgbawd" LMAO!!

The Unknown said...

Stay out of the wilderness! Stay out of the wilderness! Flaming Crotch! OUCH!
love

Dorko said...

No. Way.
Not the privy at Jacob's Lake!?
Last time I used those facilities I came away with scabies!
Check yourself and them boyz!
Hehehee. Gigantor sounds like he feels as invincible in his 4x as I used to be!
You make me wanna go back to AZ! :p

Alekx said...

At least big bad mommy and daddy didn't let kiddo set his nose on fire with a flaming marshmallow. (I know pett is laughing) and then have some strange man put out the nose with a beer, and then an even stranger best friend of Alekx teach kiddo how to sing I'm a pyro, I'm a pyroooooo I'm a pyro manic!!!!

Hehehehehe