CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 08, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDDO!!!!!

This post is blue, cuz it's your favorite color. Happy birthday my treasure!!!!!

May 8th, 1996 2:oo a.m. I'm woken up in my uncomfortable hospital bed, cuz my hips hurt. And it doesn't help that Gigantor is snoring on the floor, or that I have a device and gauze shoved up my hoo haa to help induce labor. (supposedly be slightly dilated by 8 in the morning, so they can start the i.v.)

2:30 get up and go pee, cuz my hips hurt so bad, feel a POP and start hurting massive bad. Wake up Gigantor, tell him my water broke.

2:35 nurse confirmes water broke, I'm in full blown labor, half way dilated, 100% effaced.

You know what that means folks??? That means I got NO FUCKING SLEEP!!!!! heehehhee

2:45 yell at nurses that they are all liars, and I do not get to sleep the night away to be in labor the next day.

5:00 a.m. start begging for pain meds. Am told I haven't progressed, say FUCK IT GIVE ME AN EPIDURAL. Told my head nurse, that other nurse is a dumb ass, and I'm almost all the way dilated so I can't have epidural. Beg for pain meds again. Receive a shot, that did nothing but make me tired.

7:00 a.m. mom arrives (I was in a hospital 2 1/2 hours away from our home, cuz I was so high risk)

7:05 start pushing

7:15 tell Gigantor I have to push

7:15 & 1/2 Gigantor runs straight behind nurses desk screaming that I have to push!!

7:16 nurses calm Gigantor down, tell him not to scare them by running at them again, or they might have to call security. hehehe *snicker*

7:18, nurse tells me to push if I want to...I inform her that I have been. hehehehe

7:50 Top O.B. nurse comes in and starts yelling at me to push harder and faster, Kiddo was in trouble, they needed him out NOW!!

7:51 doctor shows up in a flury, didn't even have time to park her broom. (Just kidding I loved my doctor)

7:55 Was pissed my child was in harm. Pushed so hard, broke metal support on stirrup, got calf cramp. Calf cramp so bad, stopped labor pains, sat up in bed, cussing out the entire room.

7:56, couldn't push without my leg supported, just didn't work

7:58 Gigantor and 3 nurses holding calf up, was so strong was pushing them to the floor.

8:10 bad, burning, ripping, God, I'm being torn in half pain. Decided I wasn't playing anymore, Refused with multiple curse words, that was not pushing anymore.

8:10 and 10 seconds, Mom leaned forward, screamed HIS HEAD IS HALFWAY OUT, NOW STOP YOUR SHIT AND PUSH DAMMMMMMIIIIIITTTTTTTT!!!!!! (if anyone knew my mom, she was very introverted, and would never ever do something like that, she stood in the background.)

8:10 and 11 seconds, pushed and screamed hard enough, I could have birthed an Abrams tank.

8:16 Kiddo all the way out, with cord around neck. Not blue yet, because I moved so fast doctor said.

8:16 and 2 seconds Kiddo put up on my stomach and doctor yelling at nurses not to take him, it was our miracle, we got the first few minutes.

8:16 and 3 seconds kiddo stopped crying and just looked at me and Gigantor as we cried all the tears of joy, that all the months, years of heartache brought us.

That ladies and gentleman was the best experience of my life. It was so important to me and Gigantor, that 10 years later, we remember ever pain, every joy, every single detail down to the second. I could tell you when I drank and what I drank, what I ate. My mother, who wanted to be there, but didn't want to intrude on our happiness. I remember her backing into a corner after he came out. So... quiet, just watching. Gigantor walking Kiddo over to her to put him in her arms. Her say, oh no no no no you guy, it's all for you. Gigantor sorta dumping kiddo in her arms and walking off. I remember her going to a corner, and crying and cooing to him, then telling him how very much he has been wanted, and how loved he would be. I sit here typing this, bawling my eyes out, for I miss her so.

I remember Alekx and captain Daddy finally showing up. (they had to drive almost 7 hours) I remember everyone wanting Captain daddy, to go see the baby as he came in. And him saying---I can't go see the baby, till I go check on MY BABY and him marching to my room. I think it's one of the three time's I've ever seen my dad cry. That time in joy, and when his mom and my mom died, in sadness.

I am so blessed, no matter what struggles we may go through with Kiddo, he is an amazing gift, that I will treasure for all time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

ThreeOliveMartini said...

happy birfday Kiddo!!

Julie said...

happy birthday kiddo and happy mother's day to you!! You worked so hard! How do you remember those exact times? I was so gifted that my best friend let me be w/ her during two of her babies births,, I just cried, it was so emotional and special..It was labor for ten hours and then pushing for about five minutes w/ her,, different for everyone. I know it's so special though.. I sent my mom flowers once on my bday, saying 'Thank you"...
So, you have done good!!

Phoenix5 said...

Happy Birthday Kiddo!

And Burf? T. M. I! LOL

Happy Mother's Day a bit early to you too.

Alekx said...

Happy Birthday my wonderful little Tigger...I can't belive he's not my baby bug bug anymore.

I cried with you and you know at what part.

Mia said...

Happy b-day kiddo!!!

Rhiannon said...

What an emotionally packed just beautiful heartfelt "real life" story, B.. I could almost feel your pain and your joy. Happy Birthday to your now growing up bundle of joy!

Thanks for sharing..

Love,
Rhi

Azathoth100 said...

In the words of Bill Cosby:
Get the Salad Tongs!

Happy B-day Kiddo. Happy Moms Day Bur.