CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 25, 2006

What???

What the hell happened last night??? I stayed up and watched the late episode of ghost hunters. It comes on at 12. I had been amazingly tired all day. I lay down and 1. Nope, sleep isn't gonna happen. What the hell???? Gigantor gets up to let the pacing ass dog out at 4. Sleep still hasn't come. I ask him to make coffee before he leaves cuz god knows I'm gonna need it. I finally fell asleep about 5:52, and my alarm goes off at 6. I hit the snooze till 6:45, but still.

Anyhow, other than my insomnia problems, we have had a couple little things of good news.

Most of you know, that I have struggled with some health problems. And because of some of my health issues, my weight started to balloon out of control, and once it did, it caused more health issues. It was a horrible struggle. Well...as most of you remember I went out to Texas to stay with my sister last summer, to work on some of those, and one of them being the weight issue. Last May I had a checkup, and weighed a certain amount. After the summer was over I had lost 30lbs. (that was a checkup in late August). Well...I had to have my yearly checkup again this month. I was sorta sweating it. Wondering if I had stayed the same or gained. Cuz although I have tried to keep up with all the lifestyle changes, I was having a hard time exercising, because I kept getting hurt. Anwhooooo, I went in to the doc on Monday, and I had lost 35 more pounds. Whooooo fricken hoooooo. So a total of 65 in one year. I know it's not a ton, but at least it's coming off.

Okay now our second good news. Gigantor has worked in a steel yard for the last 12 years. The boss is a major ass. He has cut back the health ins so much, that it doesn't seem worth having. Over the years, he's taken off the vision, the dental, and made it a 2500 dollar deductible. Also he doesn't pay Gigantor the best. And...get this shit. The guys that work there that are of the same church as the boss, well they not only get better pay. But every year they get 2000 bucks that they can invest or whatever. The boss does it in cash, so nobody can come back and say he isn't providing retirement for everyone. Cuz we already checked into suing him for it. Gigantor is one of the best workers out there, and he didn't go to the same church, so he never got the so called "retirement" package.

Anyhow, my hubby has been looking for another job hard for the past year or so. And he went and applied with the garbage people. It's not like it used to be, now everything is with high tech trucks, and you dump it in a building, and it gets trucked out, so you never have to even touch the trash. Anyway, back to the story. Well...they offered him the job. Same rate of pay he's getting now, with raises every year. Full insurance, including vision and dental, 401K, life insurance, and they will pay for his CDL and 100 a year for work boots.

Oh yeah, you dam skippy, we jumped at the job. He will be so much happier there too. No more crap from that ass.

But get this, when he went in and gave his two week notice. The first thing his boss did was tell him "I refuse to let you go over there" And Gigantor told him there was nothing he could do about it, it was for his family. Then the boss started threatening him. Can you believe it? Threatening!!!! So...Gigantor did offer to work part time for the boss, cuz in the winter, the hours will cut down with the waste company. And the boss keeps telling him. "Well I'm crunching number, don't go to work there yet" whatever he offers won't be near as good, or as stress free. Gigantor is convinced that he is trying to make him wait till the garbage place fills the position. What the ass doesn't understand is the position is filled, they just let Gigantor be nice and give his ass of a boss 2 weeks. hehehe Boy next Friday is gonna be so funny when he walks out of there with all his stuff. I would love to be a fly on the wall and see the boss's face hehehehehe

Okay that's all I got. Happy Thursday all.

8 comments:

TL said...

Steel yard!? Ya'll are hardcore out there in the AZ. BTW - my Father has been in sanitation in NYC for almost 27 years now - I don't think he'd take another job even if they paid more. In NYC, sanitation is a HUGE DEAL and everyone in the 'hoods he services loves my Dad. He drives the garbage truck, the salt truck and the snow plow. I hear when you see him, he's like a big kid smiling ear to ear, driving a real life-sized Tonka truck!

And congratulations to you on shedding the pounds. It sounds like it's a goal you set for yourself and you're making it happen. WooT!

-TL

Dorko said...

Stands up and applauds!!!!
I've been hoping, praying for this for you and the Gigantor for a Looooooooooong long time.
Yea! For you Girlfriend!
Yea! For That man of yours too!
=)

Mia said...

Woohoo...that is great news.

Sandi said...

Congrads!!! Especially on the weight loss, I know how hard that can be. We swapped stories once on a different blog we both belong to. I had been wondering if you were able to stick to your guns. Glad for Gig also, sounds like he reeaallly needed a change.

Azathoth100 said...

Great job on the wieght, as one of the balloon people out herew I know how hard it is to get off.
Kick a** Gigantor! Wish I could be there on the wall with you, but they'd probably squash us cause we'd be toobusy laughing to dodge!

Julie said...

Great news all around!
65lbs is a lot, that's like loosing a kid (but in a good way, not like, I lost a kid in a mall kind of way) - that took a helluva lot of work.

Phoenix5 said...

Congrats all around Burfica! 65 lbs is nothing to sneeze at!

Oh yeah, tell that giant of yours to stop being so nice to the old boss - Gigantor should just walk and never return!

Rhiannon said...

Very happy and proud for you in your weight loss and your hubby's new job! You know I have experienced and heard so many stories about some so called "Christian" church goers that are not nice people at all, very prejudice, if people aren't in "their circle" and I think its so "sinful" and "unkind" and that the Bible certainly doesn't teach them things like that but they teach themselves, their families,and their kids this bigotry crap! The many years I was married, at one point my husband had worked for a small "born again Christian" family co. and they used to call my husband and anyone in the co. that didn't have same faith as them "monkies"..pretty sicko huh? What's happening to this country? :(

Anyway sounds like good news all the way around and so glad your husband will be smiling from ear to ear when he walks out of that "Hell hole"..YEAH! My hats off to him Burfica and you too!

Lots of love,
with Angel Blessings,

Rhi