CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 15, 2006

The Weekend

Well....we survived the weekend. The party with the little kids was a hit. They bowled good games. I bowled so hard, that I pulled something in my hamstring and a tooshie muscle. But it was fun.

We took all his friends home but one, he came to our house for a while. Then I got busy finishing the stuff for the family bbq. Big J and Kiddo were helping me with balloons. We got one of those little helium tanks from walmart. So blew them up and tied them, and Big J put ribbon on them, and kiddo took them out and taped them up to decorate.

The bbq was nice, good company. Then Big J's parents took him and kiddo to the carnival. At about 11, we were so tired we wanted to go to bed, but Kiddo wasn't home yet. So...called their cell phone and said, either he needs to come home so we can go to bed, or you can keep him all night. About 5 minutes later, they brought him home. hehehehehe I think kiddo was asleep before his head hit the pillow.

Sunday was looking like it was gonna be a little tough for me. The first mom's day since mom died. But daddy, Gigantor, and Kiddo spoiled me. It was nice. I got to sleep in, then a nice long shower, where nobody was in there bugging me (which is what usually happens) A leisurely lunch, and watched a movie, the lazed around as the guys all moved Captain Daddy and his hell kitty up to his place finally. Then a nice dinner, and cuddling with the hubby. Who can beat that.

I do have to leave you with something so funny that happened last night.

On Saturday, Big J and Kiddo, when they were taping up balloons decided to tape one each to their foreheads. So they had this helium balloon floating about a foot above their heads. They went that way for about 3 hours or so. Anyhow, when Kiddo gets way over tired he sleepwalks. And he'll talk to you, and seem awake. So...we are sitting in the living room about ready to go to bed. And Kiddo comes marching, I mean marching, out of his bedroom. His little head ducked, little glare on his face, little fists clenched. Like when he's gonna yell at ya about something. So...I thought he was going to come out and tell me that the t.v. was to loud. I look up as he stops in front of me, and go "What bud" and he starts rubbing his forehead, and says. "It's stuck" I go "What's stuck" and he starts rubbing again, and making this motion up from his forehead like he was trying to grab something. Like he was trying to grab a balloon. hehehehee I go "Nothing is stuck to your head bud" and he gets frantic and starts scratching at his head and almost fussing about how he can't get it unstuck. So...not wanting him to hurt himself. I move his hands and rub his head, and go "there mommy got it, not stuck no more" and he smiles this little dreamy smile and goes. "Kay, thanks mom," and goes back to bed. Gigantor follows him to make sure he makes it back in bed. And Gigantor's like "was that bad old balloon stuck to your head" and Kiddo goes. "Yup but mom got it" and drifts back off.

We laughed and laughed about that.

Okay so maybe you had to be there.

Anyhow, have a good Monday everyone!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's too funny! glad you had a good day!

Sandi said...

Now the birds can try to return to normal. Yeah for you, no more damn hell cat.

Mia said...

lol...you guys are so strange...but in a good way. Glad you had a nice day!

Julie said...

I'm glad they took care of you and nurtured you on Mothers day, you sure have deserved it after this year! And I know you are glad your dad is here, but glad he has his own place too, wahoo!
that was a funny story,, you will have to tease him about that! have a groovy week!