CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 04, 2006

I Wore the Wrong Boots for This

Gosh, somedays don't you feel you are trudging through a shit swamp??? hehehehehe
That's how it's been for a while now. And let me tell ya it stinks. LOL
Just a little updating. My wonderful son *said with clenched teeth* got a letter (not a note) but a letter sent home from his teacher. Seems, he isn't doing what he's supposed to in class. He isn't doing his work, he isn't asking for certain things he is supposed to bring home. He is refusing to do his writing assignments when he has 2 hours to work on them. He is turning in blank pages. And he is refusing to answer questions asked directly to him, which is really disrespectful. She has said, that next little incident, he goes to the stop room. (which is the severest punishment, save suspension). I'm ready to knock his fricken block off. I swear to all that is holy, we have talked and threatened, and taken stuff away, till we are exhausted. I'm at such a loss.
On a good note...I have a side job. You all know I sell Avon. Well it hasn't been the most, shall we say, profitable thing to be doing lately. So...our friend D. Who we have played DnD with, and he did tons of DnD campaigns when he was younger. He draws, and writes his ideas down. I have pushed him for years to get his "monsters" published. I didn't know it, but he has written a ton of short stories. He asked me if he could hire me to type them up and print them out. He said he would hire me for 8 bucks an hour. I thought that was pretty good. Well...I got a folder with 5 of his stories in it. He said each was only 14 pages long. Well..he has an introduction, and then 14 pages of front and back hand written. So...about 29 to 30 pages long in reality. And...he is the worst speller, has horrible hand writing, doesn't punctuate, and isn't very descriptive. So...guess who has been fixing and embellishing all his stories?? ugggghhh my head hurts. hehehehehe

Okay on that note. We are going to experiment with dinner tonight, I'll let you all know how it turned out. But I did want to leave you with a new recipe we got and tried the other night. It rocks!!!! So....goood!!!!!!!!!! (we doubled the recipe, cuz it wasn't enough, I will write what we did)

Honey Nut Chicken

6 oz honey roasted nuts (we did cashews)
1 cup plain bread crumbs
1 tablespoon grill seasoning
3 eggs
a splash of milk or half and half
1/3 cup flour
3 tablespoons veg oil
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast (use your fav chicken people

Preheat oven to 350 F

Put nuts, bread crumbs and grill seasoning in food processor and pulse to combine, pour into plate or pie plate.

Beat eggs and milk, pour into plate or pie plate.

Put flour on plate.

Dust both sides of chicken with flour. Dip the chicken into the egg, and then coat with nutty breading.

Heat nonstick skillet, put oil in it to coat bottom. Brown chicken pieces about 3 to 4 minutes each side, until golden and crispy looking. Transfer chicken to baking dish and cook in oven till juices run clear and they are cooked through. About 15 minutes.

Hope you all try it, it rocked!!! We served with bbq succotash.
That is red bell pepper, and onion slightly sauted, then add can of black beans drained and rinsed, then frozen corn, once corn is heated add a little bbq sauce to coat. That rocked too. It had how much of each thing to add, but like my family likes onions more than peppers. So we did how ever much we wanted.

Have a good Thursday everyone. And someone please volunteer to come straighten my child out. hehehehee

9 comments:

Mia said...

I think you need to call Alekx on that one. She has this duct tape method that comes with instructions. But seriously, good thing she brought it to your attention. hopefully you can work to fix it.

How was dinner?

Phoenix5 said...

Have you asked Kiddo what the issue is? Without anger in your voice? I know how frustrated you must feel, but there is always a very big underlying reason for behaviour of that kind. I'm no psychiatrist, but something is definitely wrong in his mind. Don't you wish every kid was born with an instruction manual? LOL!

My prayers are with you as you deal with this situation.

((((((Burfica)))))))

Azathoth100 said...

Wish I could help with Kiddo, but he sounds liie me at that age and i still don't know what my problem was. If you figure it out let me know so I can maybe understand myself.
Glad your friend is writing down his stories. I DM'd many years and have several friends that still tell me I should write all the old stories down. I used to have so much fun with it. Was thinking of doing a blog on them, but haven't had the time.
Hey, hows Alekx? Haven't heard from her in a bit.
Good luck with dinner, hope it tastes as good as it sounds.

Mike said...

Now I am hungry!

Sandi said...

Exellent meal. Can't help with the kid though, this is one of the reasons I chose not to have any. I would say lock him in a room, but he would just tell and then you have that whole Protective Services thing to worry about. :)

MomThatsNuts said...

Hey Hun...been there done that with the kids thing. Crash was the same way. I took him to the doctor. Checked ears, eyes, lots of stuff. Do you think kiddo might be dyslexic or something? With Crash, the fact that we were "worried" enough to have every test in the world run, made him straighten up a bit ( plus it got the teacher off our backs when it turns out he couldnt SEE)..Also I spent YEARS mad at Cadet because he wouldnt LISTEN to me, turns out he is mostly DEAF in one ear. If his good ear is turned to the TV or something, he cant hear a damn thing I say, same thing in school. Once HE realized it, he corrected it. Im saying maybe kiddo is acting out because he doesnt understand it. Could be a social thing too, bullies??? Girls??? I would check everything before you kill him. At least you can shove some paperwork at the teacher. Sometimes they are not very patient.

Hope thats some advice you can use./..

mom

Julie said...

I don't think I'm allowed to talk about kids since I haven't had one, LOL... don't they say people who haven't had kids are always the best parents until they have them, ha!! Seriously, you are a great mom, I know you will figure it out and be creative w/ your solution as you are w/ everything in your life.
That recipe sounds like heaven! Even though I eat mostly vegetarian, I find I can turn a lot of your food vegetarian too.. using tofu, etc.

TL said...

'Fica - I SO LOVE HOW YOU WRITE!!!

SHIT SWAMP!!!

Don't I know it!!!

TL said...

'Fica Part 2 - dood I played D&D on Monday night with my buddies! Woot! I'm a geekaholic baby!