CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Balloons, Fires, and Football

Well the guys did get to go up in a hot air balloon, not on Saturday but on Sunday they went. They almost chickened out. Being as moments before they were going to inflate their balloon, another balloon, started having problems. Touched down a couple times, then touched down and threw two people out, one of them being the pilot. As the two people tumbled out, the balloon shot 200 feet up in the air in about 2 seconds. As it shot up in the air, it caught fire. And the whole thing came down in a burning mass. Luckily with all the passengers, kids included, they only had on minor injury.

But....that scared Kiddo about half to death, and he didn't want to go for a ride after that. Captain Bill (the pilot of their balloon) went and talked to kiddo for quite a while, and Kiddo and Gigantor then went up for an hour or so. 12,000 feet up, couple miles all around our town, and the surrounding area. Fun stuff!!

Football season has started in town. Which Kiddo is doing. It's flag football for his age group. He is on the Bronco's GOOOOOOOOO BRONCO'SSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

They had their first game on Monday. They didn't get skunked, but they did lose. The little girl on the other team ran faster than lightning man. hehehehe They play again tonight. Hope they do a little better. Oh man, first game and kiddo lost his dam mouth guard. I think each football season I have to buy like 6 or 7 of those dam things. Thank god I haven't invested in the custom made one's yet. Those are a couple hundred bucks, and stupid kid would have lost it already.

Okay well I'm gonna go order some boots for Captain Daddy. I'm gonna try to catch up on reading blogs as well.

Happy Hump Day to all!!!

6 comments:

Mia said...

Holy Crap! I always wanted to go on a hot air balloon, not so sure I'd want to now, lol especially after seeing that.

MomThatsNuts said...

I have NO DESIRE to go in a hot air balloon. I mean if someone else paid for it and took me, I might go....but still...How are you doing?? I have been so busy here I havent had time to do anything!!! Drum wants to play football next year...we will see about that....

mom

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

I totally want to go up in a hot air balloon. That is a crazy story though.

Sandi said...

I did the hot air balloon thing when I was on vacation in Colorado Springs. It was the best experience of my life. Dawn over Pikes Peak, what a memory.
Thanks for making me remember it.

Unknown said...

Far out man...hot air balloon are cool...I'd go up! I like getting high.

Sugar said...

Woah Go little Bronco! Can't believe kiddo got in the balloon after that..that's so cool :)