CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Busy ass week

God it's been a busy ass week. With football practices, Halloween, taekwondo, delivering avon, kiddo's play (today), getting my nails done (tomorrow) and a meeting (tomorrow). I am ready for a nap after all that, but Saturday is gonna be so much worse.

This three days of the weekend we have a balloon regatta. They fly every day. On Saturday mornings, the locals can go out to their landing site and help them pack up. That gets them some freebies sometimes. So after Gigantor and kiddo do that in the morning. We are going to go to a huge craft fair this town holds called Christmas in November. Then there is a small one at one of the churches. A harvest craft fair. I would then like to take the kids to see the Matinee. It's supposed to be Santa Clause 3. After that gets out, and street fair will be started in some parking lots along main street. At 4 main street will be shut down for the charity ball roll. People purchase a plastic ball for 10 bucks (goes to local families, the money raised) They go to the top of main street (it's on a good sized hill), put all the balls in a cement truck, roll them around, then dump them out. The ball that reaches the end of main street first wins. The person that purchased that ball, wins some sort of big prize. I think it's half the money raised.

As the sun starts setting, they re close main street, and the people with their balloons drive up. As it gets dark, they inflate them, and periodically do the gas in them so that it creates a glow. That last for about 2 hours. People can walk up and down main street to see the 50 balloons displayed, to talk to the pilots, and to get trading cards from them.

let me tell ya I'm gonna be one dead mama come Saturday night.

I know it's only Thursday, but with everything going on, I don't see me posting till after the weekend. Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

6 comments:

Mia said...

Sounds like a busy fun weekend!! Have fun, savour it all. Then rest!!

Azathoth100 said...

Great Googaly Moogaly Bur, talk about running your a** off. I do envy you the balloon ride, if you get one. Take a camera and post a shotif you can, even if it's just the scenery from up there. Hope you make it out of the weekend alive. Peace.

Anonymous said...

Wow. My week has been rather uneventful and boring....

Jealous? ;)

Steve~

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

(Shivers) Christmas season is when I dive down my hole and hide. Eek!! :/

Unknown said...

I think I can...I think I can...I think I can....

You'll make it..you'll be drangin'..but you'll make it..now...tighten-up!

Sugar said...

I'm out of breath just reading about your week..