CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Sniffling, Coughing and Vomiting OH MY

I had to take Kiddo back to the doctor. His sinus infection came back with a vengeance. To tell the truth, I don't think it ever really left. I don't think he had enough or strong enough antibiotics. This time the doctor. Yes it was doctor Woundedface. Gave him a very very strong antibiotic and a very very strong decongestant. Both to be taken with lots of water, both to be taken with food. Only taken twice a day. Which tells me to give them at breakfast and dinner. Well...apparently, the mixture of the two in a 10 year olds body, is not a good thing. Now we spent the entire night with him hanging over the bowl, bringing up his feet. This poor kid got so dang sick, throwing up so much. Today I am just giving him the antibiotic, and some over the counter cold stuff. Trying...hell praying he holds it down. If nothing else I would like him to get the antibiotic in him and get this all over with.

Somebody last blog (sorry I can't memeber I had a brain fart) Someone asked what the heck Nutella toast was. Nutella is this amazing invention. It's a chocolate hazelnut spread. You can't taste alot of the hazelnuts, or I would "hate" it. But it's a chocolaty spread, similar to creamy peanut butter. If any of you remember the Jiff Silk that was chocolate, it's sorta like that. And about once a year we splurge and buy a jar or two. And I indulge and make Nutella toast every day till it's gone. I try to convince myself it's not as bad if I spread it on toast, other than eat it with a spoon straight out of the jar. hehehehehe

Anyhow, I'm off to restock the kleenex, pass around more hand sanitizer, and to hose down the house in lysol. Have a good Thursday everyone!!!!

6 comments:

Dorko said...

Dang it. Git that kiddo well, will ya? wry grin. Poor lad.
Never had the Nutella, although now that you describe it I don't know why not??? :P
I do have some yummy apple butter that I picked up at an Arts & crfats fair mmmm... time to finish that little jar of goodness up!
(I gave into the tissue gods years ago and have puffs plus boxes tucked here and there all over the house -always with a stylish wastebasket near by... one doesn't have to look far at my place if they feel a need to blow.)

Mia said...

Awww...the poor kid.

Nutella is the best, especially on toast. mmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that about Kiddo!...My sister has a sinus infection now..has had one off and on for like five months...gets rid of it..then in no time..it's back...but she does work at the hospital.."the house of germs".

Azathoth100 said...

Jeez, hope Kiddo feels better soon. Theres not much worse than seeing your feet coming out of your mouth.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Kiddo...poor little man!
As for Nutella, one word ...Yum!

MomThatsNuts said...

Been thinking about you. I know your on your anniversary of your moms death. Just hoping your doing ok and that Alekx is ok too! Nothing but love for you guys...

Mom