CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Makes you say Alrighty Then.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of observing some of Kiddo's peers. I was quite amused and thinking Alrighty Then. Then I thought. Some days these young ones are gonna rule our country. That's when I died in uncontrollable fits of laughter.

Now let me tell ya, where I drop kiddo off at school is at the back. He is way in the back, and if I dropped him off at the front, he would have to walk a gazillion miles to get to his class, which is right inside the back corner door. Well....between street and the door is a very steep grass hill. Probably every kid in the school has fallen down this hill at least once, when it's icy, or snowy, or fresh green and just rained. My kid included. But right now the hill is dry brown grass. No ice.

Yesterday morning after I dropped kiddo off, I was watching a little girl on her bike. (she was about 9 or 10) She wanted to ride it down said hill. But every time she came off the pavement and onto the grass, her bike just would stop, and she couldn't peddle it anymore. Well....this didn't stop the little tyke. I mean it would be way to easy to ride around the hill, that might take, oh i dunno, 45 more seconds. Instead she backs way up the side walk, and gets on her bike, and starts riding hell bent for leather, head down, peddling for all she's worth. She hops that bike right up on the grass. And...that's when it happened. Her bike came to a dead stop, not only dead stop, but such an abrupt stop, that the back tire came off the ground. This poor dork ass girl, then flew, over the handlebars, in the superman possition. She sailed a good 20 feet, then proceded to roll most the way down the hill. She got up, looked around came back to her bike, and the dumb shit tried it again!!!

In the afternoon, I had gone to the post office on my way to pick up kiddo. I was driving down a street and saw a little boy of about 8 or 9 run across the street, across some grass, to a parking lot. Where he stopped and proceeded to lick the grill of a black dodge ram truck. I almost ran off the road looking at this, wondering WTF is that kid doing???? I'm sure I will go to my maker and never know why that kid was licking some parked trucks grill.

As I was sitting parked at the top of the hill waiting for Kiddo to get out of school. Another girl, about 10 years old, was running up the hill to get in her car, which was parked in front of me. At the crest of the hill, she fell sprawled out on her face and belly, made a big WOOOOFFF noise, then got up sorta laughing. She then started running, and stepped off the curb to run around the other side of the car when WHOOOOOFFFFFFF SPLAT!!!!!! Right in the street on her face and belly. She then got up doing the laughy, ow, hu, ow, hu, ow hu noise as she got in the car. Hitting her head on the way into the car.

So....when you are older and you are having some young doctor working on you. You can wonder if he ever licked grills when he was a kid. Or when the governor of your state is making huge decisions, you can wonder if she was the bonehead that couldn't stay on her bike, or on her feet. hehehehe

Somedays it's nice to know that my family isn't the biggest dorks on the planet. It doesn't happen often, but some days. hehehehehe

Have a good Tuesday everyone!!! I'm off to clean for Gigantors birthday bbq this Saturday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at Disney a couple years back and was standing in line to ride Dumbo with the kids. I looked down and saw a kid that must have been 8 or so licking the hand railing that about 1 million unwashed sweaty people had been holding for umpteen hours.

His parents didn't seem to care but I about threw up.

Anonymous said...

makes my skin draw-up and get rather tight thinking about that kid licking the grill of a truck!

Anonymous said...

Lets not go nuts...you're family is still pretty big dorks. ;)

Steve~

Anonymous said...

LOL, lol, lol
o
my
golly.
Too funny.
I just got a new calling to teach the little kids at Sunday school. Lookin forward to a little kid watchin' m'self!
=)

Anonymous said...

i am with steve.. lets not go crazy i know you and your sister LOL

and ewwww at truck licking. good god..