CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Family that Farts Together....

errrr....Stinks together. I swear we need a gas mask around this house. I have no idea what we ate, but it's one honkin house right now. Every time one of us stands up we fart, in the car-fart, sit down-fart, walk-fart. You can hear farting all over the house. For once it's not the dogs or the cat. They are the one's constantly begging to be let outside, cuz we all are farting so much. I have no idea what it could be. We didn't eat anything unusual, or that normally would give a person gas. But they smell like rotten eggs. Just imagine what it's gonna smell like in here next week, after tons of deviled eggs on easter. hehehehehehe

Okay I have a delima. I was gonna make a ham for easter dinner, as is our tradition. But...I made a ham the first couple days Captain daddy was here, and now the boys keep looking at me going. *insert whinie voice* "But we just had hammmmm" And a turkey is out of the question. We have been turkeyed out. So...I finally made a decision. Gigantor is going to cook up one of his sucullant prime rib roasts. I think I'm gonna make potatoes (with lipton onion mushroom soup mix and a touch of olive oil on them) and asparagus (captain daddy made a special request), deviled eggs, pink poofoo (remember that one), and rolls. But...BUT!!!! I can not for the life of me figure out a desert. Don't say cake, because..*insert another whinie voice* "we just had a cake last weekend" I was thinking of maybe buying a couple frozen pies, and serving it hot with ice cream. ALA MODE hehehehehe Oh oh oh oh oh You all know that apple pie ala mode is the best, and any fruit pie ala mode rocks also. But we went to a little cafe when we scattered mom's ashes and guess what we had. HOT pecan pie ala mode. I can make some pretty killer pecan pies. Maybe I'll make pecan and have an apple, and get some vanilla ice cream. But please give me ideas, in case I flake on that one. hehehehe

Okay does anybody know at what age parakeets will breed. And if they are in captivity parakeets, do you need to build them a nesting box before they breed??? Will I be safe if I don't build them one??? Will they never breed then??? ahhhhhhhh I found out from Captain Daddy, that to tell a parakeets sex. You look at that little piece of skin above their beak, where their noses are. If it's pale, or pink they are a girl. If it's blue, they are a boy. OMG OMG OMG I have one of each. I don't know if I'm up for little baby parakeets. I don't know the first thing about them. But....I don't know if they will ever breed. I'm so fricken lost.

Okay off to mash my taters (and that was literal, not some sexual comment this time.) hehehehehe

Happy Good Friday and a very Happy Happy Easter to all, if I don't talk to you before then!!!!!

6 comments:

Dorko said...

I'm doing the Ham recipe I posted last season (the twice cooked one, where you simmer it first in cider vinegar and then bake it up with a mustard/brown sugar plaster in an oven bag. It's a no-fail, perfect yum!)
Then was thinking carrot cookies (they have orange drizzel icing), and / or Angel Food cake with strawberries as a dessert...
Declairing "pot-luck" means family will get some other favorites here. We all love to cook and... I'm figuring I've plenty scheduled NOW, with sprucing up m' place & schooling.
=)
Your post did remind me of one important detail... place plenty of votive candles and some matches in the bathroom. . . That's my m.o. for handling family gasses! lol!

Sandi said...

Dessert is simple, ice cream with chocolate sauce. Or strawberry shortcake.
As for the birds, the perfect solution is let the cat have an Easter gift:)

Evil I know, but look at all the fun Kiddo will have picking up feathers.

RQ Whitaker said...

Wait....who doesn't want cake? Cake is....is...that's sacrelige! You ALWAYS want cake!

So I'd go with a cheesecake...it's not really a cake anyway.

Alekx said...

Hot apple pie with a slice of cheese on it and ice cream. You can always fall back to the sugar free fat free cream cheese pie that we do.

Strawberry shortcake is sounding yummy to specially since you can get fat free whipped cream now. YUMMMMMMMM

I think I'll make the house elf bbq t-bones, or have the useless sloth bro in law take us out.

~SugarBear~ said...

Desert - anything chocolate, or I'd go with the cheesecake too. If you don't have time to make a real one yourself, get the box kind (they're not too bad). Have a great Easter!

Jim said...

hfif

,
HAPPY EASTER guys
,


i love u guys