CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Sooooooooo Yummie

Well...the wind is still blowing. And yes it SUCKS ASS!!!!! I still have that horrible cough. I feel great except that stupid cough. It kept me up for three hours last night, and that's after taking decongestant, and cough medicine. So...I can't tell if I'm just "draggin ass" tired or if I'm "bite your head off" tired. Guess the day will tell.

On that lovely note, I wanted to share a very easy very yummie recipe with ya all. I got this low carb cook book. Everything in this book is very low carb, and low fat, and low calories. It does a break down on each recipe, and it's amazing how "not bad for you" all of them are. We have made this one many times, and love it!!!!!

PEPPERONI PIZZA SOUP

1 tablespoon oil
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
(we love onions and mushrooms so we do about 1 1/2 cup of both, and 1/2 cup yellow bell peppers, this is an easy recipe, tweek it to your liking)
1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
1 cup water
3 ounces sliced pepperoni (we have used canadian bacon also, again whatever you like)
1 teaspoon dried oregano (we leave this out, cuz the only pizza sauce this stupid little town sells is way way seasoned so it has enough)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

2. Stir in pizza sauce, broth, water, pepperoni and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Top with cheese and or croutons just before serving.


Okay I'm off to cough on somebody. Have a good Tuesday everyone!!!
This really helps if your dieting, and you crave pizza, you can get the pizza craving gone, and it's very satisfying.

3 comments:

Azathoth100 said...

Damn Bur that sounds like a delicious recipe. Hope the cough gets better soon and that the wind move along. Get some rest.

Mia said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Sounds like a great recipe. I actually made some brocolli-cheese soup. In Kat's Magic Bullet. I thought it was pretty good, but the texture still wasn't smooth, and didnt go well, so yeah, that will come off my list.

Dorko said...

Yum that sounds good!
I'll have to give it to da Rock.
He's pretty faithful with his low-carb fare.
Thanks, Burfica!