CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 27, 2008

Nails and Doctors what a combo.


As you can see I got my nails done today. Got my 4th of July groove on. As you can see most of them are the same but the middle finger. We just did that to be goofy and for me to keep showing it to Gigantor cuz he's an ass. lol

Look at my middle finger on the one on the bottom. It looks a bit crooked, well that's after the nail lady straightened it out for the picture. That is a finger I broke when I was 19 or 20, and nobody believed me when I said it was broke, so I didn't go to the doctor, and it's healed way crooked with a weird bump on it. (bone that poked out on the side of the first knuckle, it has a concave on the other side) Nice lady like feature huh??

After my nails Gigantor took me to the doctor. Cough is just as bad if not worse. I had the doctor and nurses completely stumped. They looked at everything. I think I was given every test but a rectal and pap smear. Then he said, Huh I have no idea. That was encouraging. So they went ahead and gave me a breathing treatment, just to see if anything would happen.

It made my blood ox go up like 2 points, but we all think that is because I'm probably having bronchial spasms from coughing so much and for so long. So he went ahead and prescribed some stuff for me to give myself breathing treatments, see if it helps at all. And he prescribed some Tessalon Pearls. I had them once before a long time ago, and they helped with coughing, so we will see.

He didn't issue any antibiotics, cuz I have no other symptoms or soreness or anything so it doesn't look bacterial. He said it's possible it's viral but he doesn't think so. On the slim chance it is viral since it's been way over 2 weeks there isn't anything they can do anyway. He told me that if the breathing treatments and pearls didn't help in 3 to 4 days, that I needed to come back and have chest x-rays. Great, just what I need 500 dollar deductible, and I have no money.

Oh and to top it off, my suburban wouldn't start today, just a clicking noise. I need a new battery and cables. But...I have no money. grrrrrrr

Okay I'm gonna go, it's almost dinner time here. Have a good weekend everyone!!!!

13 comments:

Biddie said...

You are STILL coughing? What is your oxygen level now? Cripes, I am happy as hell that I live here and we don't pay for health care. I would be living in a box.
Love the nails. I have two crooked fingers, too. Got in a fight, broke one. Never had it lookd at, either. (Health care may be free, but I am a big baby)
Got in a fight, dislocated the other. (My left hand, wedding ring finger). It was dislocated and crap, AND it was swelling like a balloon, AND I was wearing a ring. I refused to get it cut off, so my friends did some doctoring of their own...The result is a second bent finger. LOL and huge knuckles on both hands.
Hope that you are having a better day :)

Burfica said...

Biddie--yeah I'm still coughing and my oxygen level is at 96 so not to bad. So they cant' figure it out. I'm hoping this cough stuff they gave me will help this weekend.

Biddie said...

96 isn't bad, but a 100 would be better :) They can't figure out why the cough is still hanging in there? I hope that the stuff you got works for you, too.
It's scary as hell not being able to breathe. Get some rest of you can.
B

Libby said...

burfica--hey, i've had those tessalon pearl thingys b4 forever ago, but i remember they did work well...but...please, if you can, beg, borrow, or steal the money for the x-rays if it comes to that! i'm worried about you!!

Christine said...

Kinda sucks they didn't do the xray at that time. I hope they don't stick you for a visit fee again if you have to go back.

Sorry you're sick. I can relate.

I like the polish. Today was the second Saturday I couldn't get my piggies done for being sick and if I am walking around the house with no shoes for a couple of more weeks, I should at least have pretty toes! Good thing my priorities remain in order.

Burfica said...

biddie--even what they gave me isn't working

libby--Those tessalon pearls did wonders when I had them before, not touching it now. I'm starting to worry about me too.

Christine--I actually wouldn't mind getting sick if there was something that gave me relief or signs of it getting better. grrrrrr

Neoma said...

very pretty, and so festive...hehe

so your cough is still with you....man that has got to be tiring. I know how coughing is, it just wears you out, and of course you can't sleep when you are coughing. I wonder if you have a bump or something in your throat. something causing that tickle. I had a bump on the roof of my mouth once, really tiny, but man that thing made the top of my mouth itch, and it would make me cough if I tried to touch it. But you had a dr. look, so I guess that can't be it. I know that if eat something really dry, and it gets stuck in my throat it will really make me cough until I get it out. How long has this been going on now?

Mia said...

wow funky nails!!!

Maybe you have RAS - Reactive Airway Syndrome? Its a chronic cough, thats a sort of asthma, but instead of wheezing you cough? I have that, and have an inhaler, it really works well for me.

Jules said...

I've put out a stern request to the "Take away Burf's coughing" Gods and they've told me they'll do whatever they can! Let me know if I was successful!

Way to get your patriotism on, Sis!

Burfica said...

nea--it's going on three weeks now. With the really sever coughing.

Miranda--I have an inhaler and it wasn't working but I've been using my nebulizer and something is happening. lol

Jules--ty ty baby last night wasn't to bad, but it could have been a fluke so gonna see how the next couple nights go.

CrystalChick said...

My BIL had a bad cough and was wheezing so bad he couldn't breathe. The Doc first gave him an inhaler and when he called the following week still in need I think they called in an antibiotic even though I think he needed the xray first. He smokes like a fiend so added to allergies and whatever is going around, he's had it rough. When we saw a friend of mine over the weekend, she said she's had a cough on and off for months. It's been bad with some people lately. Sorry you are still having trouble.

Your NAILS are sooooo awesome!!! Really festive!
I love them. Your girl did a good job. :)

none said...

Good luck with the breathing treatments. I hope they help.

Special K said...

ARGH! Blogger ate my comment.
Let's see. Condensed version.

I like your nails!
I got an email to send you!
I hope your cough gets better soon!
Love ya bye!

That was pretty much it!