CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

whooohooo cool air!!!!!


I gots me some cool air going here. We got the cooler and parts all in and hooked up and running. Spent all day yesterday on it, 5 trips to true value and the electrician called out again. I think after everything is said and done that new cooler didn't cost us 700 bucks it cost us about 1200. ahhhhhhhhhhh

That cough is no better, actually it's worse. I am now not only coughing all fricken night but most of the day too. It's really getting discouraging. The doctors have no fricken idea. And no cold of cough medicine works at all. I have to get up out of bed, and go sit on the potty. (yup it's coughing that hard and frequent) and it's coughing so hard there is gagging on the verge of throwing up.

It's the same dam cough Kiddo had. Now I know exactly how misserable he was. I'm hoping that it will clear up sooner than his did though. But if it's anything like his, I'm stuck with this crap for 3 to 4 weeks.

We are busy beavers today. We are having a huge bbq tomorrow, and Gigantor has to work both days of the weekend, so I'm making Kiddo help me out. He already vacuumed and stamped my avon books for me. I boiled eggs, and wrote up the receipts for when avon comes in. I still need to do up some mail, run some errands down town, and peel the eggs.

Then this evening the avon comes in and I need to pull it and do it up in it's sacks, then Gigantor is running to the store while I do that. After he gets back I need to cut up 1lb bacon and one large onion for the baked beans, and cut up one large onion and some dill pickles for the potato salad, and slice tomatoes (on the vine not the killer one's) and onion for the burgers.

Then tomorrow when he's at work, I can cook the bacon and onion and put it and the beans in the crock pot, and I can peel and cook the potato's and whip up that potato salad. And cut up some fruit. Gonna be a fun time!!!

Well I've coughed the whole time I'm typing this, so I'm going to go.

I know miss Anne tagged me so I have to get to that soon too. I haven't forgot.

Hope you all have a great Friday!!!!

13 comments:

Olly said...

Hope your cough clears up soon. Can't recall how many grocery carts I've abandoned during a coughing fit. Frustrating!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

You poor thing you.Hope you feel better soon!

Enjoy your weekend lady!

Biddie said...

Maybe you need more rest? Can't the docs give you something to help you sleep at night? Something that will make your throat feel a bit better? I got some stuff from the docs once when I had a bad cough..Wasn't sleeping at all. Whatever the docs gave me put me flat out long enough to catch up on my sleep.
I hope that you feel better soon.
Being sick bites.
Hugs

Special K said...

Ugh I hate those pissing coughing fits!
I am glad you got your air fixed sorry it was higher than expected but I am sure it will be worth every penny!

Burfica said...

olly--yeah you gotta just run when you got one.

Ponderings--ty ty, I don't feel bad, just the dam cough

Biddie--I need alot more rest. I can't take the doctors cough syrup that puts you out cuz it has codeine in it and I'm allergic to codeine.

K--yeah never knew you had to tinkle so much till one of those.

CrystalChick said...

Glad you have some cool air!

Now try this for your cough:
Mix together
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons water
Mix and take by the teaspoon. It doesn't taste so great but supposed to work really well.

If you want some other recipes email me and I'll check to see what I have!

Have a good time at the bbq! My family went blueberry picking yesterday so I made homemade muffins and cobbler to take to a party today.

none said...

I had that cough for almost 3 months it just now went away. It is really horrible and I couldn't find anything to help clear it up.

I hope yours goes away faster than mine.

Burfica said...

crystal I will have to buy some cayenne. I don't keep to much hot shit around here. heheheh I'm a wimp, but I'm almost up for anything right now.

Hammer--I've coughed on and off since Feb, but this is the worst it's been since the first initial sickness. It's horrid.

MomThatsNuts said...

Burf is your cough productive? You should never try to suppress a productive cough, have they given you anti biotics? If its a dry hacking cough, the only thing I can think of is to eat a lemon and a spoon full of honey...I hate coughing...because if your like me, the coughing leads to peeing your pants...I HATE that...

Mom

Burfica said...

mom--not productive at all, and even the lemon and honey thing isn't working. It's the strangest thing, won't go away for anything. And yeah I go to the bathroom with each coughing fit.

cookie monster said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Libby said...

burfica--ooohhh, a dry cough would really suck, especially there, where there's no humidity! (the only thing that's good about humidity!),
and, you have my address, you know i'll take any leftovers!! ;-D

Neoma said...

I think a cough like that would be worry some besides being terribly hard on you. No sleep, plus it is tiring to cough a lot. Only once did I have a cough like that, and we didn't have any cough medicine, I made up some honey and lemon and a dash of whiskey, that is what grandma used to make for us when we were little, if the honey doesn't help, the whiskey does. haha Or maybe she used horse linament, I know it was something really foul, truthfully I don't like the taste of liquor.

Hope you get better, I know how it is to be sick....