CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

boring ass wednesday


Lookie my cutie pie rat dog!!! LOOKIE I SAID!!!! She was so cute, she popped her head out of her blankie to see Gigantor and he was able to snap her picture on his phone. Weird how her eyes flashed blue though.

And don't any of you dare give me a hard time about that blanket. I don't like that team, matter of fact I HATE that team, but I won the blanket in a raffle and it's soft as hell, and the only one big enough to let me and the dog cuddle under it at the same time.

Nothing much has gone on here. Everyone has been grumpy, me a bit, but Gigantor, Kiddo and Captain Daddy are all majorly grumpy. I'm gonna castrate me some men let me tell ya.

Jamie asked me what Red Eye Gravy was. Well there are different versions of it. There is one (not mine) that uses ketchup and some vinegar and it basicly taste like the gravy from a can of pork and beans or cheap baked beans. But what we call it and do is. We make extra glaze for the ham, using pineapple juice, brown sugar, honey and some cinnamon and sometimes cloves (tiny bit) and so we have this yummie ham drippings. Then we make the rue with butter and flower, and add the ham drippings in it. If it's still to thick we add a touch of milk. But it's this salty/sweet gravy that taste like the ham. So...there is my red eye gravy.

Best thing we found to make it was this flower called Wondra, comes in a blue and white can, and it doesn't clump or taste real flour ie in your gravy. That's one good thing my mother in law passed down.

Well....I'm boring as hell, just trying to stay warm, so I'm gonna go read blogs or whatever. Hope you all have a great great Wednesday. The week is half done!!!! yayyyyyyyyyyy

10 comments:

CrystalChick said...

I only got to the chiropractor and then did some cleaning. It's been raining here. And I've had a chill for a couple of nights. So the aromatherapy heat pack has been popped into the microwave numerous times this week. Gosh, I think like 3 or 4 times today already. Not sick, but you know, just COLD and it's not even really cold or snowing here yet. I think I'm a bit out of sorts that our daughter and family moved out and we have our whole house back. Not sure what to do with myself some days.....

Special K said...

I have got to try me some of the Wondra stuff! I have heard nothing but good of it!
Your rat dog is cute! I have several throws for the same reason, won them and they are comfy so I use them. I hereby declare I do not have a penchant for Jeff Gordon or the Coca Cola bear, they were FREE!

Rhiannon said...

You know your not alone...I have a nice warm fuzzy Mexican blanket that my cat and I cuddle up in together..sometimes her head sticks out a bit just your like cute little doggie...and since my cat's all black all I see is these big yellow eyes peering out at me!

Hope you have a good New Year Burfica..I think this year will be a better one..more people will come together and less selishnes..and more people coming together as "one"..Yep!

Love and Blessings,

Rhi

Rhiannon said...

oops! sorry major typo in my last comment..I meant "less selfishness"..darn dyslexia anyway!

captain corky said...

Happy New Year, Burfica! This week hasn't been so boring for me but it has been very busy and it seems really, really long. Is it Friday yet?

cookie monster said...

All this talk of food, it's making me drool. Somewhat embarassing seeing as i am in the library!

Burfica said...

crystal--it's cold here, heater still not working right. brrrrr

K--yeah I hate the new york skankies, but the blanket is the softest and biggest we have. hehehehe

Rhi--I hope this year just keeps throwing good stuff out too.

corky--almost!!! It's my hubbies friday, he has every fri, sat, sun off. hehehehe

cookie--only if your moaning while you drool would it be embarrasing. hehehehe

Coffeypot said...

I believe that is a Yankee's blanket, and that is exactly what they are good for - covering a dog. The only animal I like under my blanket is a beaver. :)

If you want some good red eye gravy, come to Georgia. It is a staple in some households. And it needs to be sopped with a cathead biscuit.

Libby said...

hi burfica! happy new year! and, coffeypot, WTF is a cathead biscuit???

Coffeypot said...

Libby, a cathead biscuit is a BIG biscuit - as big as a cat's head. They are also good with sawmill gravy (white, thick and sometimes with sausage in it.) Yum, yum!