CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Heck of a weekend so far


Oh my gosh it's been a heck of a weekend so far. Can I just start by saying THE CARDINALS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!

What an amazing dang game. Now I have never ever been a cardinals fan even though I have lived in Arizona all my life. The Cardinals have always been the worst of the worst team ever. And that dam Bill Bidwell (the owner) sucks major donkey dick. He would trade and fire, fire and trade that nobody could ever do anything with the team.

But then a couple years ago, Emit Smith retired from the Cowboys and went to play with the Cardinals. He didn't make it great but it seemed to boost the moral of alot of the players. Then they got Anquan Boldin and Fitzgerald and Hightower and Warner. And this team started pulling together, and they got better and better and better this year. Then lookie and see!!!! They went to the playoffs, won the NFC championship and won, and now we are on to the super bowl!!!!

On a side note, we took old Buster in to the vet, and the blood test showed that his liver is doing about 30 percent better than it was. So...it's getting better. We will keep him on these new pills. 80 bucks for 60 of them. *insert wretching here*

The parent in laws came over to watch the football game. They are still here watching the next one. grrr

Oh man yesterday Gigantor was in so much trouble. The 17th is the anniversary of my mom's death, and he decided to be gone till after 1 in the afternoon. Then we were supposed to do a bunch of things, and he had Captain Daddy come over to watch war movies. I was not a happy camper and didn't feel that well (emotionaly) Can I just say, somedays men are the worst kind of asshole.

Anyhow I'm off to play the good hostess and hope they go ahead and leave soon.

Have a good holiday Monday everyone. Kid is off school and Hub unit is home from work. Maybe we can get some stuff done tomorrow.

11 comments:

Olly said...

I really don't think men mean to be assholes most of the time. They just don't think. What is your holiday Monday about (I'm in Canada)?

mandy said...

Glad to hear the new pills are working in Busters favor. Sucks they are so expensive but, like you, I know I'd be paying for them if it were one of my dogs. They become like one of the family. Hope you had a great weekend and your company didn't stay too long!

CrystalChick said...

We're a bunch of sad losers over here in Eagles country. :(
Not that I really even expected them to beat the Giants last week, but when they did, it was like... OMG, they could actually win this thing?? Oops. Never to get our hopes up again. Philly has been to the championship quite a few times, only once actually playing in the Superbowl I think, and of course NOT winning it. Maybe the UNdynamic duo of Reid/McNabb need to GO now. Bubbye, don't trip over the suitcases full of money you still haven't earned on the way out. Dang.
But the Cardinals did look good against the Panthers so I thought they might continue to do well.
Good for you and your home team. I know how spectacular it was being a Phillies fan when they won the World Series last year! Here's hoping for you all now!

I'm sorry you have been having a hard emotional time though regarding your Mom. It's been since '95 with mine and '99 with my Dad and some days STILL are just horrible terrible. I mean, it doesn't start off that way. I'll just be doing something and out of NOWHERE a memory pops up and I lose it.
So I can understand.

Burfica said...

Olly--Oh you know america, whenever someone dies they make a holiday out of it. hahahaha It was Martin Luther King day actually.

M.J.--They over stayed their welcome by about 4 hours. *sigh* Can only take small doses of my inlaws or I turn homicidal.

Crystal--Yeah the cardinals have NEVER done this good. It would be awesome if they could beat the stink ass steelers. hehehehe
Yeah I just start crying for no apparent reason too. But the 17th I think it won't be hard, but it always is.

Alekx said...

Go Phoenix
Opps I mean AZ. Still Phoenix.

I had a hard day on the 17th too. Poor hubby came in to say something and I started bawling like a baby. He's like what'd I do.
ha ha

Special K said...

Congrats on your win! I hope you guys beat the Steelers too!
As time goes on it does get better (on your Moms anniversary). It took me 10 years but I actually made it through this last one of Memaw's with no tears or post about it. I am still thinking of my BFF everyday though and next month will be 3 years. I think it all just takes time and there will always be those teary times, but it does get better. ((HUGS))

Burfica said...

alekx--I'm glad your hubby was there at least.

K--Yeah it is a touch better, I just feel down now, that first year I was a fricken mess.

Anonymous said...

Ok now who's captain daddy and who is Gigantor. Then that will solve my questions!

Libby said...

okay, burfica!! time for you and all your "blog fans" to lay off my great steelers!! lol!
i feel really bad for you & alekx at this time...i know it never goes away...

cookie monster said...

Hey there.

it's my birthday this Saturday (the big three-oh!) and i probably won't be back online till next week at some point.

Just wanted to say bonjour!

cookie monster said...

I forgot to add, you will be going to said 'Superbowl' right?