CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Recipe and struggling with myself.


This my lovelies, is HOT FUDGE PUDDING CAKE!!! Doesn't it just look divine???

Some of you asked for the recipe so here it is.

HOT FUDGE PUDDING CAKE

1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup hersheys cocoa, divided
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/4 cup hot water
Whipped topping

1. Heat oven to 350
2. Stir together 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk, butter and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Pour batter into greased 9 inche square baking pan. Stir together remaining 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa. Sprinkle mixture evenly over batter. Pour hot water over top. Do not stir.

3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand 15 minutes. Spoon into dessert dishes, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over top. Garnish with whipped topping.

That is so dam good people let me know if you like it if you try it.

Now the struggling with myself part. I went to the doctor today, I got some of my prescriptions I needed since we have new insurance, and a got a few more. I talked to her at length and hard about some issues in my life and with my health and mental state. I got some other meds to try.

I've been thinking about spilling it all on here on my blog. I've been blogging since what 2004?? and I've never spilled what I'm thinking of spilling. I dunno I think deep down, I'm afraid most of you will not like me and go running the other way. The way alot of people do who see me in person.

I'm gonna go ahead and struggle with myself for a bit and make a decision. My sister Alekx said I should just spill it all out here, and make myself more accountable maybe it would help. I'm gonna go sleep on it. With one more pain pill than I was taking before (as per doctors orders) and with a new med in the morning, and get rest after my very emotional doctors visit. Maybe I can look at it in a new light in the morning.

Hope you all had a great Monday and have a wonderful Tuesday!!!!

13 comments:

A Spot of T said...

Hey! A few days ago I was honest as all hell. And anyone who knows me knows I'm a vault about my personal life...and I'm still alive. It actually felt kind of not bad putting it out there.

Alekx said...

You do what you feel you can do when you are ready kiddo.
You are doing great so far, and I'm always here to nag you.

Love you

~SugarBear~ said...

We love you no matter what! Do what feels best for you, post or don't, we'll still be here with you. Heck - you give us new ways to try death by chocolate! How could we not love you???? Hang in there!

Special K said...

Sweetie pie, you know I have went there and lost no one. Matter of fact I was helped SO much by the replies of "hugs, I have been there, I understand" more than anything!
It is your choice to make and no matter what, I am here for you, I am your friend and I love you!
((HUGS))
Now I need to go make some of the puddin' cake! :)

Olly said...

Yup, we are all here to listen if you want to share anything. Such nice people here - non judgemental. Hey after that last fart post - I figure you could share just about anything, lol.

Maddy said...

Sleeping on it always works for me. I can sympathise with the struggle to spill the beans v. keep your own counsel. Maybe a private separate/ invitation only second blog might be a safer alternative?
Best wishes

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

First off, you should have put a warning, to not look at this if hungry! Shame on you!!!! lol

Second, this is your blog, you can spill whatever you want out. Your true friends will stick around. Heck, I'm sure some stuff I've posted has made many turn and run, but the diehards still keepa coming.

THird, could you pretty please send me some of that cake?!?

Biddie said...

Short of being a serial killer, I really can't think of anything that would send me running.
(Think about it..ME? Running??)
We are here to listen to anything that you want to tell us.

Coffeypot said...

I say spill away. Keeping stuff inside, even hiding stuff from others is like a sore. The longer it goes untreated the more the likelihood of an infection. The best think anyone can do, including PTSD, is tell what you feel to others. The more you talk about it the less distressing it becomes. Those of us who stay are your friends. Those who run away…well just don’t let the doorknob hit them in the ass on the way out. You didn’t need them anyway. But no matter what you decide, don’t stop posting those cute and funny pictures.

Signed: Dr. Coffeypot

PS: Please put the check in the mail today.

Christine said...

Doesn't matter what you say...Won't make a difference to me. I never liked you much anyway. ;-)

Libby said...

okay, burfica, obviously, nobody can be all that offended, if christine still has faithful readers!! i've been stalking her for 4 years now, through 3 or 4 blogs...that's MY persistance level!...you've been warned...

MomThatsNuts said...

I love spilling my guts on my blog, but since the kids found it, it has been more difficult. Im gonna write you a letter. A REAL live letter. Then I can say what I want and not have to worry about anyone else seeing it, so watch for it in the mail (if I still have the address which I might not, so be ready for me to ask again!!)

mom

mandy said...

That pudding cake looks delish! I'm gonna have to make that for my husband sometime, he LOVES chocolate!

And if you feel like spilling I'm sure everyone is here to listen and I know you won't scare me away, I enjoy reading your blog too much! Do what you feel is best for you, it may help to get out =)