CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

In Laws--ugggggghhhhhh


OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! I love this picture. We were looking through pictures, and found this one, and I started laughing so hard I was falling out of my chair. To which point my son was doing the same thing. I finished laughing, and my son goes "I don't get it" OMG that made me laugh all the more!!!!

Well the title was moaning about inlaws. You all know I don't get along the greatest with mine. It's a very rickety kind of relationship. But I do try, god help me I try. My mother in law gets upset. Says his family plans last minute and I'm not spontaneous. Well...to a point I am. I mean we go over somewhere they ask us to stay we do. We just up and go for a drive in the mountains a couple hours away, we up and invite someone over. What I don't like last minute, is when people do birthday dinners, or other family dinners, they have been planning and they don't call us to let us know till a couple hours before dinner is ready. Then they have enough gal to ask us to bring something.

Well...my mother in law called me last Thursday to tell me they were doing a birthday dinner for gigantor's dad on Tuesday. A few things bugged me about this.

1. That it's my in laws. *sigh*

2. That they always have to do shit during the middle of the week. Why the hell can't they push something forward or back to a friday or sat. Gigantor's birthday is on the 3rd, and we are doing a dinner the sat before.

3. She said it was gonna be a huge family dinner for his 70th, but then asked us to bring our own meat to cook.

4. She then said if we wanted any side dishes we had to bring them..

5. That made me stop and think about, did she mean it's a potluck, is everyone bringing stuff, or do we just bring our own, what we want.

6. Gigantor gets ahold of her, just last night, and she wanted me to make at least two really big side dishes for everyone, cuz they didn't have any other food.

Okay here is what bugs me so bad. They never have enough food for everyone, and they never have drinks. We have gotten used to taking our own drinks. But she just said SHE was having a big dinner for him. Then proceeded to tell us to not only bring food for ourselves but for everyone else too.

I was proud of Gigantor, he told her no, I wasn't doing it. We faught about it alot today actually. I didn't want to go at all after that, and he wanted us all to bow down to them cuz it was his dad's 70th birthday. So...I told him to just go, and he did this massive guilt trip on me. Then he did the worst thing he could have done. He tried to compare his parents to mine. If any of you have read my blog for any length, you know that you DO NOT PUT HIS FAMILY IN THE SAME CATAGORY AS MY FAMILY!!!!! It's a big difference. My family loves me and him and Kiddo. Can't say the same for his. I'm not gonna get into that right now, cuz it will be a rant for a few pages.

But anyhow, we went to the store and bought some steaks and rolls, and showed up. We took a cooler along with our utensils, the stuff for our steaks, and drinks. We cooked our steaks and ate our own food and used our own stuff, and we didn't get upset with anyone, so that was very very good.

Although they wanted us to stay and watch t.v. and do things, we had to leave, it was a work and school night.

His parents, and most of his family make me so insane and nervous, and uneasy. I'm just glad I'm home, and now I'm dam tired, and want to go to bed.

Hope you all had a good Tuesday and have a great Wednesday.

And go laugh at that picture again!!!!



10 comments:

A Spot of T said...

Inlaws. Too bad your's aren't as great as mine. Mine are fantastic. Especially my mother-in-law. She's just precious. And I'm not being sarcastic at all. No really.

Coffeypot said...

Well, at least you got a good steak dinner out of it. And you did the 'family' thing.

Muhd Imran said...

It is a delicate subject, definitely.

I hate to go out on a weekday and have to come back home late, only to wake up early the next day to go to work... groggily and cranky.

I guess I am fortunate to have good in-laws... I have heard nightmarish stories about in-laws before and am so terrified that I will have such relationships, but am so fortunate that it's not. Phew!

You have many good points that can make you feel upset about your in-laws, but you give in. You have a good soul.

Burfica said...

T--I wish I had a good one with mine, it's better than it was, cuz it used to be hell on earth.

coffey--Yeah I still find a difference in family and relatives, and you can guess what catagory they are in for me.

Imran--Thank you, I do it for my husband, and for no one else. I see how they hurt him by things they do or say and I'm not gonna do that to him. I'm gonna be his soft place to come to.

Alekx said...

A small package of C-4 would have taken care of all of them in one fail swoop.

Opps was that my playground voice

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

OHH...sounds to me that you like your husbands inlaws better than your own. Which I did too. lol.

Glad its over.

mandy said...

Just found your blog and I think it's great! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a little in-law drama.
You handled the situation wonderfully =)

Special K said...

your mother in law doesn't sound realistic at all! I can see your frustrations!
I was so blessed with a sweet Mama in law that was the opposite for shindigs like that. She would plan MONTHS in advance and you were lucky to have to bring much of anything, she wanted to do it all, it was her "thing". I miss her so much, she wasn't perfect but on a grand scale, yeah, she kinda was.

The only thing you can do is compromise and try to keep it fair for your husband (which I know, a lot of the time means we have to bite our tongues HARD!! LOL)
I think you did good! Glad you got the dinner and family thing done anyhow!

Burfica said...

alekx--BOOM!!!

miranda--yeah my husbands in laws are the greatest, hehehehe

m.j.--thanks for coming by, now I'll be stalking you.

K--I don't plan mine months in advance, (cept for birthday one's) but I have tons of bbq's and get togethers, but I still do EVERYTHING. I think if you invite people over, you should provide. hehehehee

CrystalChick said...

OH girl I sure feel for ya. I've been wanting to post about hub's family for a little while but just don't because I am afraid someone in the family will stumble upon it. I don't think they know I have a blog. I have only given the addy out to one or two friends. And the 'rents don't have a computer but others in the family do and could probably find me here if they looked hard enough. So I usually just bitch to friends in email occasionally. But OHHHH sometimes I would like to vent about some stuff here.

Hmmm......
I haven't posted in a little while.... I do need a topic.....
????
Should I?? LOL