CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lazy Weekend

Wow I don't think I can top the talking ass post for a while. And I hadn't realize that last time I posted was Wednesday. hehehe ooops

So....lets see. Thursday, hmmmm not a dam thing happened. hahahahaha

Friday--after Gigantor took kiddo and big J to school, he went over to his mom's to go resolve a "situation" It's resolved for the better, but lets just say we were very pissed off. Okay okay I'll sorta tell you. She had said we could use her true value account, while we were still working on the house, as long as we made payments for our stuff. I was paying 50 dollars a month, almost had it paid off. Then she asked me to make lower payment so she could go longer without paying her part, cuz they were broke. So...I did that to be nice. So..yeah it wasn't paid off yet, cuz she asked me to stretch it out longer. But...get this. She called and says. "you have to get your own account, cuz I don't want any more of your stuff going against my account or credit rating." I'm like "What?? we are the only one's paying we ARE the one's giving you good credit rating." And she got all pissy. So..yeah I told Gigantor to handle it or I was gonna punch her in the face. He went and got our own account and told her she HAD to get our name off her account, we didn't want part of any account with her. hahahahhaa

So...the rest of Friday we watched some t.v.

Saturday--Gigantor got up and vacuumed and did some dishes, that was nice. We watched a couple movies. Ghost Town and House Bunny. Both of those were a lot better than I thought they would be.

Then we went out to Fiesta Mexicana with some friends, Yummie nummie food.

Today--Gigantor got up and did nothing. hahahaha I got up and we finished listening to New Moon on audio disc (for my son) And we changed the beds and did some dishes and laundry. Then we started cooking some chicken ( we cook it before we bbq it, so it doesn't get burnt on the grill and uncooked in the middle) and we watched The Women and Mamma Mia. Again two pretty dam good movies.

Captain Daddy showed up and goes, Hey how about chinese tonight, but the place was closed. So I asked if he wanted bbq chicken and he didn't. So...he sugested pizza. Honestly I would have rather had the chicken, but hey it was free dinner, I'm not gonna say no to that!!! And I wrapped the chicken up to bbq tomorrow.

We watched an old musical with dinner. Thoroughly Modern Millie. I love that one, it's so funny.

We found that recipe of my mom's she used to make. She called it Pudding Cake. It's called Hot Fudge Pudding Cake. Gigantor was nice and when I was in the bathroom holding court on my throne, he mixed it up and put it in the oven. It should be cool enough in about 10 minutes. You serve it warm though.

I used to love this cake when I was a kid. You make the cake part and put it in the pan, then you put the wet ingredients on the top, put it in to bake. And the wet (hot fudge like stuff) stuff on the top cooks through to the bottom, so when you scoop it out, you turn it upside down. It is all gooey on the bottom so turning it upside down lets the hot fudge puddingie stuff oooze all over it.

Now it's not "sweet" like chocolate, but it's one of those more bitter chocolate things but rich rich. hehehehe I hope it comes out right. I've missed that.

Anyhow, hope you all had a great weekend, can't wait to read and catch up.

9 comments:

Alekx said...

sigh upside pudding cake.
Just another reason to miss mom
Just another reason to miss sugar.
Damn
double damn
enjoy some for my starving exercising ass.

:-)

Special K said...

That cake sounds good!!! I keep forgetting to tell you to resend that chicken recipe along with the succotash! I erased it not long after you sent it and dang it I want to make it!
Glad you got the problem resolved with MIL. Gosh, you were "helping" her out, she didnt get that? Oh well, her loss!

Unknown said...

See, all this talk of cake is making me want to place an order! You should open your own bakery!

CrystalChick said...

Sounds like a very yummy cake!!

It's amazing that the family situation got resolved so quickly. Dang. We're still going thru our mess and it's been since a couple days after Christmas.

We saw Slumdog Millionaire at the theater recently and both really liked it. On video, I watched an old Agatha Christie flick last week and the past couple nights we've been watching some Harry Potter for like the 10th time. LOL
They are fun though.

Burfica said...

Alekx--I've been real good, so thought I would splurge with the cake.

K--I'll send those back out, the cake is awesome.

Keith--Thanks for stopping by. I don't think I could do, that cuz I would eat all the profits if you get my drift. hahahahaha

Crystal--Oh yeah Harry Potter and Lord of the Ring movies, over and over again.

Willow said...

Ghost Town was a riot....my husband had flashbacks with the "drinking of the laxative" scene. (To this day he can't drink ginger ale.) We laughed our asses off all the way through.

Biddie said...

I LOVE pudding cake! haven't had that in eons!
I loved Mama Mia, too. I thought that the actors were all a bit too old to play the parts that they did, but they all rocked. I actually got it on dvd cuz I loved it so much :)

Olly said...

I loved Ghost Town, too. You are going to have to share that pudding cake recipe!

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

I saw the Women this weekend to. I LOVED that movie. LOL.

Want to send Giantor to my house to help me clean?