CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Wormy Things

Okay so you all know that I have had the grand tour of the inside of Texas's medical facilities since I have been here. Ambulance, two hospitals, 2 different clinics. Well...I had to visit a doctor yet again yesterday. ahhhhhhhhh Only it was not me this time. It was the kiddo. Let me give you the dish.

About a week after we got here and started swimming I noticed a red sore like thing on the back of his neck at his hair line. At first I thought OMG IT'S RINGWORM!!! Alekx says "no ringworm is round" I'm thinking well maybe not always. So...I decide to keep an eye on it. I mean it was the only spot he had, and when he would not be swimming for a few days it dried up alot. Well...then it came back worse after he got his hair cut again, so I thought maybe razor burn (we shave his head) After three weeks of this thing, I'm starting to get a little panicked. I'm thinking it's ringworm or infantigo (don't know how to spell that right people, bear with me) So I decide if it doesn't go away I will take him into the doctor when we get home.

Yesterday, we are driving to swimming lessons and kiddo goes "Aunt Alekx, I got a weird bump" I'm like "what are you talking about". He says " I got this red, flat like bump on my leg" I thought that sounded weird, so I made him show me. AHHHHHHH (this is where you run away) It was perfectly round with the broken skin and the white swirls in the middle. Looked exactly like the ring worm I got once in a while when I was a kid. So...we get him into the doctor. YUP!! ringworm. He gives us a prescription for a cream, and says he probably got it from our pets. I DON'T FRICKEN THINK SO!!! We have had pets all our life. I then mention the pool, and he says. Oh well he probably got it from the public pool, that is where most people contract it. GREAT!! We all go swimming and exercising in that pool, and there is nasty ringworm floating around. *shudder*

I take the prescription of cream to the pharmacy. They said my copay is 60 fricken dollars, and it cost almost 100 without the insurance. AHHHHHHHHHHHH So...we ask them to call the doctor and get another cream. I call back and the pharmacist, says "there is the same exact cream you can use, same strength and everything, and it's over the counter." I'm like "how much is that" he says "14.99 with a dollar of coupon" Whoooooohooooo So we run down there to get it, and guess what the cream is. It's Lotrimin. You know the athletes foot cream. Says it works on jock itch and ringworm too. The mother flubbin doctor wanted me to spend 100 bucks on a fancy name of lotrimin. AAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love my sissy, but dammit I am so tired of visiting all the doctors offices and pharmacies. LOL

I'm off to scratch my butt or whatever. hehehehe Happy Thursday all!!!

13 MORE DAYS TILL GIGANTOR GETS HERE!!!!!

10 comments:

ThreeOliveMartini said...

well you can also use Blus Star ointment.. it works for ring worm too been around a LONG time! and its fairly cheap

and oh yeah ..

EWWWW

Alekx said...

It's not my fault that you keep hurting yourself. You should have stood in line when they was handing out cordination and grace
sheesh blame it on me.

Anonymous said...

poor kid! burfica, i don't know about you and all these accidents, lol.

Anonymous said...

That poor kid *shuddering* That's nasty!!!

Came here from Kerry's blog.

Hi. *waves* LOL

Burfica said...

Olive--thanks, if this doesn't work I may need you to get me some of that, I've never seen it.

Alekx--you stold it all from me. Mean big sissy hehehehe

Pinkie--No not itchy, but he won't leave it alone. dammit

vicky--I know, I've had shitty luck this summer

Angel--*waves back* welcome

Kerry M. Conway said...

omg-my poor little man! grabs her px pad...

kiddo:

unlimited ice cream and love.

doctor mel!

see i am just made for the medical field! ;)

hey i see angel found yeah! she rocks!

love yeah dollie!

mauhzzz!

Mia said...

lol Alekx...I think Burf's a lil clutzy. But glad You're getting kiddo fixed.

MomThatsNuts said...

BURF....the point of the trip was NOT to visit every hospital east of the Mississippi you silly thing!!! ugggg

Mom

Blog ho said...

poor kid. but that's hella gross. i hope inever get it.

ThreeOliveMartini said...

that is Blue Star.. DOH.. proof read.. you can get it at walmart .. or any drugstore type place