CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Tagged

I'm sitting here 2 in the morning, very depressed. I was reading blogs and noticed I've been tagged. Three Olives tagged me. I'm depressed because Gigantor is tearing our bed apart (the bed frame broke ( and no it wasn't from to much wild sex, I think it was from a little boy bouncing on the bed for years) and he got a new bedframe and was putting it up, and found a hole in the floor. Yup a hole where one of the braces in the middle of the bed frame goes. He has to jerry rig it so we can sleep. So...of all things, he found a garden hoe head that was broken off, and he is putting that under the brace until he can get out to work on Monday. He says if he goes under the trailer to fix the hole, he has to pull a bunch of insulation out, and if he doesn't get it all back right, bugs will start coming in there. (Az and all it's nasty spiders) So...we discussed it, and I think he is just gonna get some 1/8th inch plate (works at a steel yard remember) and put it under the braces. He thinks that that might almost last dam near forever. The bedroom is to small to move the bed anywhere else. I am just scared about the floor breaking down, (but he doesn't think it will do that) or about monster bugs getting in and going to eat my face off. Now Gigantor is massively pissed, cuz he says he now see's exactly what kind of cheap ass shit they used to build this place. Cuz it shouldn't have done that.

Anyhow, enough pissing and moaning. I got tagged remember.

Three Olives asked

5 things I miss from childhood

1. Sitting in the Hole (not the one in the floor people) My father was a highway patrolman, and would work long hours, so we rarely got to spend time with him. He would come home and sit in his chair, and cross one leg up on the other. (ankle up on his knee) And I would climb in his lap, and sit in the "hole" facing out and watch t.v. with him, or share his dinner with him. I would sit there till I fell asleep. Every time he came home and sat down there, I would run up and go "sit in the hole daddy, sit in the hole" And he ALWAYS obliged me.

2. Going for rides with my grandpa. He had this old old old red pickup truck. We would go visit my grandparents, and grandpa would always tell me to get in the truck. Me and only me (I'm sure he did it with my sister too, he liked to make us feel special) And we would go for a ride, down all the back streets, there were only about 200 people in this town. On all the old country roads. And one of my favorite places to go for a ride was out to the dump. He always had to take a couple loads of stuff out there, when I came to visit (I'm sure it was cuz I loved to go) and it was quite a drive and we would go bouncing along on the old dirt road, just looking at all the wildlife on the way. And grandpa would always take me to the Dairy Cream they had there, for an ice cream after word.

3. I miss seeing my mom laugh and kid around and actually enjoy life. She did so much of that when I was a kid, then she became so angry and bitter at the entire world. It's hard to remember the good times when they were so very long ago.

4. Having overnights with my Aunt Marlyn. She was a 6th grade science teacher. I actually had her for science when I was in 6th grade. But ever since I was about 6 or 7 it was a routine to stay at her house for at least one of the weekend nights. Sometimes two. We would bake cookies, and she's the one that taught me how to play chess. She had one of the really old Avon chess boards, it had giant pieces that were all perfume bottles. I used to sniff every one. hehehehe And he had the coolest bath toys. She never ever yelled at me, and was always a hoot. Come to think of it, I don't think she owned a t.v., but there was never a lack of entertainment.

5. My Innocence. It was stolen from me in more ways than one. But I'm not going to go into that tonight. I know it's made me who I am, and for that I am happy. But I would put that in this category.

Gigantor is almost done with the bed, and I'm really beat. I am gonna go sleep and probably have nightmares about falling through the floor, or giant spiders. hehehehehe

Happy Sunday morning everyone.

Oh yeah before I forget, I'm supposed to tag people so lets see. Ummmmm I tag, Dorko....Opie....Princess Kat....Mom that's nuts.....and Gama Oh hell and one more Phoenix5.

Can't wait to see your answers.

4 comments:

MomThatsNuts said...

Curse you Burf~~ lol I will answer the questions....hope your feeling better. Maybe a good long sleep will help. How ya doing on your excersise since you got home?? I am going this week to buy a treadmill to put in my bedroom, I think it is the only hope of anything sweaty going on in there EVER......lol love ya hun~~~~ hang in there

Mom

Dorko said...

B-B-BURRRR-FFF-ICK-A!

Fine.

Not happy about you making me work the memories section of my brain, but fine.

I'll let you know when I've thunk up the 5...

Jim said...

, , its 4th of July in INDIA guys
do visit me and caraff,
i got her linked


sorry burfica, i love u too!
, ,

Blog ho said...

damn beds. i'd sleep on the floor.