CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hill Billy Butt

So far this week can kiss my white, hairy, american hillbilly butt!!! LOL I've not had the greatest start to the week.

Found out Monday morning that Gigantor's grandma died over the weekend. Well...sad yes, but come on the woman was 96 and in very bad shape. Found out mid Monday morning that a good friend of the family...big friend to my mom, around her age died over the weekend. WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE, STOP CROAKING!!!

My old man dog (Bassett hound that will be 12 in May) all of a sudden couldn't walk. Now this is Buck, I got him when he was 4 1/2, he had been severely neglected the first 4 years of his life. I was told by the vet that Bassetts live to be 8 to 10 years old, and with how bad his treatment was it would be a gift to get 8 years out of him. My old man will be 12 in May. So...yeah he's lived a lot longer than we expected.

Anywhooooo when he was 8 he developed arthritis in his front shoulder, but we put him on a joint formula and this dog has done wonderful!! Yesterday, he couldn't walk, couldn't put any weight on his paw. Just flopped down and stayed where ever he landed. We rushed him into the vet. The vet says it's his arthritis, that has gotten much much worse, and his cup that holds the ball to his joint is jagged and disintegrating. And a piece of it probably came off and is floating between the ball and cup, and causing excruciating pain. He gave him a heavy duty pain shot, and some massive heavy duty pain pills for a week. If they work, we will put him on a pain pill regimen for the rest of his life. (cuz pain pills do destroy the kidneys) If it doesn't work, we can try one more shot. If that doesn't work, there is nothing to do. Short of extensive x-rays and surgery. Now I love my dog, but come on. He's 12....I can't see spending up to 1000 dollars that maybe give him a few more months, and he die of old age anyway. I always said as long as I could keep him out of pain and suffering I would, but once he starts, that's it, I'll do what I have to.

Anywhooo...after finding out about two deaths, then about how we are starting the last journey with our old man. Monday just sucked major dirty, unwipped ass!!!!!

On a side note, this goes out to all you celebrities out there.
WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE DO SOME STUPID BONEHEADED THING, SO THAT THEY WILL GET THE DRUG ADDICT SLUT ANNA NICHOLE SLIT ER I MEAN SMITH OFF MY DAM T.V.??? I swear I think I caught an std, and got a contact high just watching this dam on going coverage. SHUT THE FUCK UP MEDIA!!!!!!!!!

Okay that's my rant. Have a good Tuesday all!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad we don't have any of that "suck ass' stuff going on over here this week (so far..lol)

Sorry to hear about those that have passed away...about your pooch too!

Maybe the rest of the week will be good to you!

And there's alway that old saying.."it could be worse"...don't ya just hate that..lol...have a good day Burfy.

Op~

none said...

Sorry about your dog. It's really tough to see them get old and suffer like that.

Mia said...

Awww...the poor pup.

And yes Im so with you on the Anna Nicole thing. Enough already...we dont really care. Maybe I'll color my hair blonde, get implants, and marry a 90 year old man. :))....ok...um eww gross.

Alekx said...

Drug popping whore. Yes please get her damn face off the TVp

Burfica said...

locus----don't say that!!! every time I say that it gets worse. lol

Hammer---yes it is, but they are our babies too.

Miranda---um yeah gross. *gag*

Alekx---I totally agree!!!!

Dorko said...

Hey Burfica... sorry ya'll got to feeling better only to get somber news.

I'm right with you on the little rant though... had to do homework just to get away from the trashy TV commentaries. *sheesh!*

my verification word: 'ibikar'
reminds me of: The Windy Mesa
Riding in the Christmas parade
working on the ABATE floats
(I still got that Santa Clause Parade trophy the local chapter gave me, tucked away in my christmas stuff! Good times...)

Azathoth100 said...

Sorry about the deaths. Hope the dog lasts longer than the vet thinks once again.