CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Ground hog Needs Glasses

Okay what exactly just happened. Here I was happy, giving Canadian Flake and Miranda a hard time about all the cold weather they had. While I was sitting pretty here in Arizona with close to 80 degree weather. Well....the wind blew a good 50mph plus yesterday. Then all of a sudden in the evening it stopped. About an hour later it started snowing!!!! It snowed till about 9 this morning. We have fricken 4 inches of snow on the ground. That flippen groundhog needs glasses, and mother nature can be one vindictive bitch. hehehehehe

On a side note, we had Captain daddy over for dinner last night. We were experimenting with a dish. It came out soooooooooooooo good. So...I thought I would give ya the recipe.

It's called MEXICAN LASAGNA

12 corn tortilla's cut into strips (approximate)
3 cups cooked chicken
1 cup diced onion
1 cup frozen corn thawed
1 can diced green chilies
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup salsa
1 1/2 cups cheese
(whatever seasoning you want)

In bowl combine chicken, onion, corn, chilies, sour cream, salsa, and cheese.

Spray 9X13 baking dish, lay out tortilla strips. Spoon one half of chicken mixture. Put another layer of tortilla strips. Spoon rest of chicken mixture. Cover and cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover....sprinkle more cheese on top and cook an additional 15 minutes.

Let me just tell ya it was awesome. And you can add whatever you want. Black beans, some peppers, whatever.

Well...I'm off to get more coffee and curse the snow. Have a good humpity hump day today!!!

11 comments:

ThreeOliveMartini said...

wow snow.. i miss snow..

that dish sounds good will try it when iget back !!!

Burfica said...

Olive---you can have all our snow. hehehe

none said...

Two years ago I got caught in an April blizzard in Flagstaff. Never drove in the mountains with snow and ice before.

Thar recipe sounds great. I'm going to try it.

Anonymous said...

What was that? You want more snow? I'll send you what we're supposed to get tomorrow nite!! That recipe sounds soooo good... all I need is a nite D and I are actually freakin' home to try it!!

Unknown said...

yeah..that does sound good..and I'm like you..3om can have my part of snow too!

So..what do you think about "global warming" now...lol...

Burfica said...

Hammer--I live 2 hours north of Flagstaff, and go there for my sons dentist, but refuse to go in the winter.

Angel--no thank you I don't want anymore. hehehehe

Locus--it's either freezing or burning up here. Oh well, keeps life interesting

Phoenix5 said...

Your storm has just slammed into Southern Ontario! WHY DIDN'T YOU KEEP IT???!!! LOL!

Lucky me gets to drive my wife to work this afternoon - when the freezing rain is supposed to hit! WAH!

C'MON SPRING!!!

Canadian flake said...

hell ANYONE that says they like or miss snow should come up here to Canada so I can through them in a bunch of it. Once their ass is too frozen to feel they will quickly change their mind..lmaoooooo. The recipe does sound yummy...

Burfica said...

phoenix----whaaaaaaaaaaaaa back at ya. hehehehe

Flake---brrrrrrrr cold ass. hehehe

Mike said...

Now you did it! I'm hungry. I'm coming over for some dinner!

Burfica said...

Mike--come on over I'll save you some.