CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Blown off the Charts

Oh my goodness. I'm not sure if our town is on the same spot on the map anymore. The wind blew so hard here yesterday. We had 50mph plus winds as our normals almost all day.

Now where I live here in Arizona. It's never breezy. It's either, dead calm, or you see the witch riding by on her bike then broom. I've seen shed's blown over, the big blue trash cans down the street, and number of shingles blown about.

Yesterday this little town had such high sustained winds that it was a brown haze all day. Like we were in the middle of a house on fire, it looked all smoky, but it was the sand. I had to dodge limb after limb as I drove around, until finally I had to drive around some downed tree's. As I was driving my big old suburban down one of our famous hills (I usually coast and it speeds me up to about 50 cuz the suburban is so heavy) I took my foot off the gas and was instantly slowed down to 15 mph.

I seen two big wood fences blown over. One camper of the back of a truck blown off and down the street, and I saw a house with it's siding actually blown off.

Today woke up and all was calm. Captain Daddy called me, he couldn't get out of his little travel trailer. Now remember it's parked up next to my mom's old place. He couldn't get out, because the side of her old house blew off. There is still a bit of the wall left, with some insulation, but the side of her house blew off, and blocked his door, blocking him in. Gigantor went and fixed that thank god.

I guess nature is helping speed along us tearing her place down to move ours up there. hehehehe

All you to the east of me, I hope the wind dies down before it hits you. hehehehe

Have a good, wind free, Thursday everyone.

10 comments:

none said...

I've been in wind like that in New Mexico, Sand and dirt went up my nose and I could barely walk against it. Funny thing was I was going to board my flight when this was happneing

Burfica said...

Hammer---yeah the sand will rip the skin right off of ya here when it blows that hard.

Zippiestfriend said...

Hey burpy,

Wow, windy day huh?

That would be cool to see, once.

Here it doesn't get that windy at all.

Even so, I"m glad I"m not a light weight sometimes.

Ewww, sand up my nose..no thank you.

At least the wind helped tear down part of your Mum's place. So much for Captain Daddy though...ya gotta admit it's kinda funny.

luv ya hun

Burfica said...

zippie---it was funny as hell. I would have giggled all the way up there to "release" him from his house if Gigantor hadn't of showed up.

Brillig said...

The important thing is that you're still around to blog about it...

Phew!

Burfica said...

brillig--no kidding, was afraid a house with a girl and dog was gonna land on me. hehehehe

melodyann said...

sand up my nose? oh God, I shudder at the thought...

Alekx said...

Whimp
Ya didn't have to take cover in the bathroom closet did ya?
LOL

I know I'm shutting up now

Burfica said...

Melodyann--you should shudder at the thought of sand up other places


Alekx---Your the dorks that moved to tornado alley.

Canadian flake said...

hee hee I always suspected you wore a big pointy black hat and your face was green...does the name Dorothy make ya see red? LOL