CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 30, 2007

Bug carcasses

Oh my gosh, On Saturday we worked so hard up at the other lot. I think even after two showers, I still have bug carcasses on me. We were all covered in dirt, dust, sand, cobwebs and carcasses. We did get three dumpster loads of stuff though. So...that is going good and still moving along. Got a bunch of stuff priced for a yard sale.

On Friday we all went to the movie and seen Meet the Robinsons. That was a cute movie. This Friday I think we are going to see Spiderman 3.

I was so tired on Sat. We worked from 9 in the morning till after 5 that evening. Then Mother in Law came over to the lot, and informed, not asked but informed us that we had to go to dinner. Now not dinner at her house mind you. Gigantors sister and husband and kids and their kids were in town, and her husbands parents were doing dinner. Well....my lovely mother in law, invited herself along with all of the sisters family. So...she informs me we are going, and I say no, I'm hot, sweaty, tired, and disgusting. (cuz dinner was supposed to be at 5:30).

We pack up and get home about 5:40 and then unload the suburban. We have now had no less than 2 calls from mother in law to keep harping on us to go. We get inside, I clean up, get kiddo cleaned up, then Gigantor cleans up and he seems about dead, from all the lifting he has done for the day. He calls his mother and says we aren't going, we are just to dang tired. Then over the next half hour, mother in law called three more times. Gigantor gave in and went up there, but Kiddo and I refused, we were way to tired. He called me from up there to tell me he was coming home, and in the back ground over and over his mom was going on and on about how we all should have gone up there.

I finally yelled at him over the phone that he better dam well make a choice to which woman in his life he wanted to please, his mother, or the one he sleeps with. He told me to tell his mother that and tried handing her the phone, to where I cussed him out and hung up on him. God...I hate men who can't stand up to their "mommies" When they are in their 30's.

Okay little rant, there. I'm back to normal I think. hehehehe

I'm off to do about 3 weeks worth of stuff packed into this week. hehehe

Have a good Monday all!!!

15 comments:

Canadian flake said...

whewwwww after reading this "rant" even I had to say whewwwwwwww catch my breathe..lol. I know mom-in-laws can be such a PITA. Someday I will have to get around to posting some of my favourite bad M.I.L stories...when I run out of other things to bitch about..love ya anyway, have a great Monday too!!!!!!!

Burfica said...

flake---whooohoo it can be a beat up the M.I.L. party.

melodyann said...

Burf, I'm married to one who can't stand up to his and he's 49...

It don't get no better, girl...

Burfica said...

melodyann--well some days I'm glad they moved back, but then the other days, you just wanna poke knitting needles in your ears. lol

Phoenix5 said...

Hey Burf, I know you don't like people who push their religion on you, but if you have a Bible in your house, get Gigantor to read Genesis 2:24. That should give him something to think about! LOL! I'm not sure why some M-I-Ls can be such PITAs, but I got lucky, after a bit of trouble during the first two years of my marriage, my M-I-L turned out to be a lot of fun to be with! I know my wife gets along better with my mom than I do sometimes! LOL!

Have a better week, Burfy, and try to get SOME rest, ok?

P.S. Since I have to log into my own blog before I can post a comment in someone elses, I get a kick out of screen below: "Choose an identity"... Cool! I get to choose who I am today? LMAO!

Burfica said...

phoenix--I actually get along okay with mine, she can just be so manipulating if you don't watch it. Now his sisters are another story. hehehehe

So....who are you today?

none said...

I can't stand my Mother in law, she throws fits when she doesn't get her way.

Luckily neither my wife or I put up with her bossing us around.

Burfica said...

hammer---good for you, I never stood for my family treating me or my husband or son like crap. I wish he would do the same.

Mia said...

All I can say about inlaws....is that when I had them, I actually liked my husbands inlaws better than my own. lol

Burfica said...

Miranda---heck I just wish we had a half way decent relationship. Hell I wish Gigantor and his family had a half way decent relationship. lol

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

It's the opposite in our house hold. My wife won't stand up to her witch of a mom.

I have to give her credit though because my wife was seriously verbally and emotionally abused by this woman.

No one in her family dared talk back or defend themselves in front of "The Momma." Let alone criticize her until I came along. As you know I don't take sh*t from anyone and it didn't take long for "The Momma" and I to get into it.

It was rough but I never give up and finally broke her. She finally has the only thing that I wanted from her--respect for me. Now I'm hoping that my wife and get the same from, "The Momma."

Laurie said...

well I can't sympathize on that. my husband wouldn't be doing any work that would be hard enough to make him need to not be able to go to dinner.

glad you got a lot done though!

TL said...

Meet the Robinsons!!! That's my movie!!! I have a credit in that film!!!

There are some perks for working at The Mouse ;p

(and what a totally selfish comment hehehe)

Ryan said...

Why do moms have to put us in a position where we eventually have to stand up to them?

I'm throwing this back at the moms.

And now I'm running away.

MomThatsNuts said...

GOSH Burf, I thought ranting WAS your normal....hehehehehe oh honey I hate that too, so I never make the ETK choose between us, anything to get him outta MY hair makes me happy!!! I spend more time with his mother than HE does...MEN...cant live with 'em, cant kill 'em

Mom