CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 23, 2007

Dork Ass Husband

My husband is a major dork ass. He got in a ton of trouble on Saturday. I had been reminding him for a week that it was our anniversary, and that I was planning nothing, cuz I've always planned something and I'm sick of it.

Now my husband worked a 2nd job all week so he had money. So...morning of our anniversary I give him a gift, and he goes. "oh, I didn't get you anything" Okay even if he didn't, he didn't need to announce it, and he could have gone to the store. But instead he is a major ass. So...my mother in law calls and asks if we are going out to dinner and she will watch the kid. I said. I dunno, your son should have arranged all that. And he tells her and me. Well...I didn't make any plans, I don't know if we are doing anything or not.

Lets just say, him completely blowing it off, really hurt me, and it made me pissed beyond reason.

My aunt and uncle called, and wanted to take us out to Paria Outpost for dinner, cuz we had never been. They didn't realize it was our anniversary. I said, sure we three would go, that would be great. So...then Gigantor was strutting around like he was important, cuz we were going out to dinner. He tried to call his mom and have her watch the Kiddo. I told him, no, you can stay at your moms, me and kiddo are going to dinner. Gigantor is like, "but it's our anniversary" So...I blew a gasket and told him he should have thought of that before.

I wouldn't even let him sit next to me at dinner. He did try to make up for it. He took his own money and went down to the store, and he got me a couple movies, and pair of earrings that are real gold and my real birthstone. Then he bought steaks yesterday and grilled them. But you know what, he's still in trouble. He blew me and holidays off once before, and he didn't get recognized for the next year worth of holidays. No gifts, no good wishes nothing.

I told him it was disrespectful, when I go all out for holidays. And it teaches his son to be disrespectful to his mother and when he has a wife. After I was mean to him, he never ever did that crap again, till this anniversary. Now he has alot of making up to do.

Anywhoo guess that is enough ranting for me.
I'm off to get my nails done and I have a doctors appointment.

Have a good Monday everyone.

10 comments:

none said...

Ouch. I feel the same way when everyone in my family forgets my birthday for 3 years in a row even though I always make a big deal on theirs.

Hope lessons were learned.

Mia said...

Aww...sorry to hear...oi men. Maybe when he's sleeping one night tattoo that date on his forehead.

Canadian flake said...

awwwwww so sorry honey you KNOW if it was me I would be ranting too..we have sure exchanged "why is my man such a butthead" stories lately.. I told ya, you kill mine...I will kill yours...and we will hide the bodies in the dessert for the coyotes..lmaooooo

Brillig said...

Nice rant, hon! I'm sorry he's been such a pain. That would make me really mad too. Good luck with all that...

Laurie said...

I've been married for almost 12 years and he's only ever once done anything. I keep telling him my next husband will be romantic.

Sometimes they are just such idiots it's amazing.

Hope you still managed to have a good day.

Phoenix5 said...

Hmmmm.... I seem to remember a similar rant around this time last year...

I'm not sure why we men have such a hard time with remembering dates, but there ARE workarounds if ya need to use 'em! I personally use several - BirthdayAlarm.com, my PDA and Yahoo Alerts to name a few. Eventually I come to remember the dates without the reminders, but after 14 years, I don't think there's much hope for your giagantor! :-(

Happy belated Anniversary Burf!

Burfica said...

Hammer--yes lessons were learned, I'm a hard ass. hehehe That's why I make big deal out of holidays, is because his family has always treated him and his stuff like crap.

Miranda--I would rather super glue his butt cheeks together, it would provide much more entertainment

Flake--Big big butt heads

brillig---we never stay mad for to long.

laurie--he has to get it or I murder him. It's taken 14 years, but I finally have him trained with his hats, and almost with stacking dishes. hehehehe

Phoenix---Yeah I rant, but I don't hold a grudge. And it's not that he forgot, he remembered fine, he just blew it off. Which in my book is much worse.

Ryan said...

Ohhhh - I'm sort of glad I'm not Gigantor right now. I can get in enough trouble without pissing my fiance off.

I put all of my dates on a yahoo calender, and have reminders sent to my cell phone prior to the event, birthday, or whatever. I come across looking pretty damn smart, when in reality - if I ever lost my phone - I would be totally screwed

Burfica said...

ryan--I wish he had enough incentive to do that, but he doesn't. lol

MomThatsNuts said...

I have been saying it for 22 years BOYS ARE DUMB

grrrrr at gigantor~~~


Mom