CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Fireworks baby!!!



I really want to wish you all a very happy 4th of July!!!! I hope you all have some good food, and good fireworks and share it all with loved one's.

I'm having a hard time this year. The 4th is my mom's birthday. First two years after she died, I never had a problem on her birthday. For some reason, this year I am. I've been very weepy.

I still hold the tradition. On mom's birthday we would always get chicken (KFC cuz that's what mom loved) and we would get a watermelon and a cake. We would go out and eat and watch fireworks, and then eat cake and watermelon as the traffic dissipated. My uncle and aunt would always go too.

Gigantor and I decided to keep the tradition up. We still go get chicken (usually from a grocery store bakery cuz it's cheaper and not as greasy), a watermelon and cake. We still go watch fireworks.

The first year, my mother in law was in town and she went with us. It was sorta bitter sweet. The second year, we had our niece and her husband and Kiddo's cousin who is the same age as him. We had a real good time, I didn't think about any of the "missing her" stuff till fireworks started, then I cried a bit in the dark.

This year, I'm really feeling icky about it. I've been very weepy missing her this year. We are going over to skinny K's house. We are taking chicken and cake and his mom is getting soda and watermelon. You can see the fireworks from their house.

I keep trying to surround us with people, but when it's dark and the fireworks start, I think about how much mom loved them and ooohed and aaaahed at all of them with Kiddo. Then I cry, cuz I miss her so.

You all make extra sure you show and tell your love to those you love tomorrow, and have a great time. I'll be back soon. Have a great 4th everyone!!!!!

7 comments:

Special K said...

((HUGS)) sweetie! I am sorry about your Mom.
We will celebrate her birthday today! It is Rylan's birthday as well!

Libby said...

thanks, burfica! you take it eazsy today, and remember. mom is also enjoying all the festivities with you~!!

Olly said...

What a great day to have a birthday! And a great day to remember someone you love...

Christine said...

Hope you had a fun day full of good memories.

Burfica said...

K--yeah celebrate that birthday baby!!!

libby--Yup I'm sure she was watching them, had a better view than me I'm sure.

Olly--thanks, it's always been a fun birthday day.

Christine--They were a bit much this year, lots of crying.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! I hope you are doing ok and that you were able to ENJOY the 4th the way you used to.
Keeping loved ones around is definately the way to go.

CrystalChick said...

Both of my parents have been gone a long time, Mom almost 13 years and Dad about 8 1/2 now and there are still days/nights that they come to mind and I get weepy. They are with us though, but hopefully in a much better place and we'll see them again one day.