CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Suburban woe's


OMGGGGGGGGGGG I love that dog. I want one. hahahahaha

Okay tried something new with the bugs. We decided to really look, see if we could find out more of where they were coming from. The little buggers are fast, and apparently they fly, much to my embarrassment, cuz they made me scream and run when I found out.

Before bed, we kept looking for them, and they were on the ceiling, we would kill them, and then found they were crawling more from out of the bathroom (all on the ceiling) So...I thought maybe they were coming in the vent on the roof where the bathroom fan vents out. So....we put a trash bag up there and duct taped it, so it was closed off. And I have been putting a Coleman bug light (the real big one) in the bathroom. So far so good.

On to the suburban. I hadn't driven it in like 2 weeks or so, didn't need to go anywhere. I kept telling Gigantor to start it up make sure the battery was doing okay, but he never did.

I went to get my nails done and the thing just went click click click. We had to jump it. So...for over a week I bugged Gigantor to go get a new battery and cables. He never did. We still had to jump in for the 4th of July, but the lights and everything were real weak. So...Saturday he goes down to Car Quest to get a battery and cables. They tell him it's a dealer only item they have to order it on monday, and he has to get the vin number.

He comes home and told me he checked all over and that's the only place. So....it takes him and his "work buddy" till Wednesday night to get a price so they can maybe order it (yeah I was fricken pissed) They said for a 60 month battery it would be 92 bucks and for the cables it would be 175. I about died.

So...he says "Want me have the order it" I say "What was the price again from Napa?" He says he never fricken checked. (yup I was fricken pissed again) I take down the information and call Napa the next day (I worked over 12 years at Napa I know a bit about parts)

I call Napa and they had a 65 month battery for 62 bucks. Ummm yeah that's a 30 dollar savings. Then they had cables for 47 for each, that is still better than 175. So...I told Gigantor and his "buddy" to bad so sad, we were going to napa. Well the cables weren't exactly right, so a guy named Mo I used to work with made the right one's. Mo is awesome at that. And we got a 20 dollar refund. I was much much happier.

This morning Gigantor was putting it all back together and as he was putting the cable on the starter, parts of the starter broke off. So...had to hunt the town for a starter. Found one....150 dollars. FUCK I ended up spending 300 anyway.

But, hey, my suburban is fixed now. And I have a lifetime warranty on the starter.
Now Gigantor is in the middle bedroom trying to get the window ac unit installed. We are making sure it's all nice and clean in there. Alekx is coming to visit on the 22nd. I don't know what room she wants yet, that one or Kiddo's but either way they both have to be all clean.

I hope you all are having a good and productive yet relaxing weekend. And I hope you all stay cool.

Have a good one everyone!!!

15 comments:

Olly said...

I hate bugs too. Because we live in an old house that has a lot of original windows (no screens) I seem to have a seasonal bug problem, too. Every year in the early fall I have to empty my baking cupboard. Everything that is not completely sealed has some sort of tiny worm (gross) in it. I guess from some kind of moth. I don't even look any more - just throw everything out, wash with bleach and go shopping for new stuff...

Yeah, vehicles are sooo wonderful, eh? Specially if they sit around for more than a week or so...

CrystalChick said...

Does the list of shit we need to fix ever get any shorter? And the prices are just getting outragious for every freaking thing. But service, warranties, etc. are all getting worse.

We don't have beetle bugs much here but the FLIES, OMG, they are getting in somewhere and it's disgusting while trying to eat dinner with them all buzzing around. Hub thinks he's that Mr. Myoto guy from Karate Kid. If he's eating with chopsticks he'll try to grab one in mid air. I haven't seen him catch one yet so he usually relents and gets a rolled up piece of newspaper and gets busy on their asses.

That picture of crazy dog is FUNNY!! LOL

Burfica said...

olly--we used to get weevles in the flower and dried foods when we lived with my mom. I've been lucky, no bugs in food in our house.

Crystal--I am one fast mother humper with a flyswatter. Usually we have tons of flies, but it hasn't been so bad this summer.

none said...

glad you found the bug source.

I don't usually replace the cables unless they are green and powdery from corrosion. Those things are a pain.

Glad you are up and running.

MomThatsNuts said...

DAMN YOU BURF~~~~~~~

bad dreams of BUGS EVERYWHERE...

I hate you and all your damn beetle bugs....

Mom

Burfica said...

hammer--they were massively corroded.

Mom--glad I could help *snark*

Anonymous said...

Sorry it's been such a rough week. You are off and running now though, but I think smooth sailing from here.

=)

Special K said...

Ah the joys of home ownership! :)
I just had the mystery of huge black ants in the bathroom. Every time I went to pee there would be one. This went on for a week. Finally one day there were 3 at once, flushed them and now no more. Miracle?

Burfica said...

birdman--I hope it goes a bit smoother now.

K--ugggghhh I hope I don't get ants, my mom used to get ants.

Christine said...

I have learned with SCM that no matter how much he says doing the work is going to save me, the price for the damage he ends up causing is not worth it. I stick with the professionals.

~SugarBear~ said...

Ewwww on the bugs! Good luck with containing them. We've had a huge ant problem at our new place (our first summer here). At least the cats have something to play with when they get bored.

I feel for you on the car repair costs - a never ending battle it seems.

Burfica said...

christine--mine only rarely causes more damage, but getting him to actually do something, takes fricken forever!!!!!

C--Yeah my cat won't even mess with them, he sorta gets this disgusted look then walks out of the room.

Libby said...

YUK, BUGS!! i hope you finally got to the source of them!! and, if it were me, i'd just hafta be super-bitch, and spray about a whole can of Raid up there above the garbage bag, and then tape it back up! (then stand there, rubbing hands together with a big satisfied look on my face, thinking about all the dying going on up there!)

captain corky said...

I hate spending money on my cars. I fucking hate it! There, I feel better now.

I have two cats and they take care of a lot of the bugs that get into my house. Cats are great

Alekx said...

hrumph I would never kick kiddo out of his own room.
He's so awesome he would give it up for his auntie, but that's cuz his momma and daddy raised him right.