CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Humpity Hump Day


I know this picture isn't this good, but I got my nails done today. Thanksgiving nails. They are goldish, maroon, and dark green all metallic looking. Some are in criss crosses, some done as leaves and a couple flowers.

Not much has been going on. Nobody has been doing anything aweful to the kid. Gigantor has been fine at work and with his co workers. I've not done anything but go get my nails done. hehehehe

So.....I'll leave you with a halloween goodie, and a yummie meatloaf recipe.

This is the snarkiest skeleton that cuts you down, it's so dang funny. Go here for halloween fun.

We've made twice now this yummy bbq meatloaf. Try it it's good, it's even better in sandwiches a day or two later. hehehhee

2lb ground beef or turkey
1 cup favorite bbq sauce
1 onion finely diced
1 red (or yellow or orange) bell pepper finely diced
2 cloves garlic finely diced
1 to 2 tables spoons warchester sauce (however you spell it)
1 large egg
2 cups bread crumbs
favorite seasonings

Saute up onion and pepper and garlic and set aside to cool a bit.

In bowl mix bbq sauce, Warchester sauce, egg, and seasonings. When well mixed add onion mixture and stir.

In another bowl have ground burger ready and add bbq mix on top, stir with hands. Add in bread crumbs one cup at a time, to get the texture you desire.

Form in loaf on baking sheet, or press into a pyrex baking dish (that's how we do it, we don't do it loaf shaped) Put in 350 degree oven for about an hour. 10 minutes from being done, but a little bit of bbq sauce on the top for a glaze.

It is so dang good people, and my son who REFUSES to eat those type of veggies, just loves it.

Anywhooo....go...enjoy your Wednesday!!!



6 comments:

Olly said...

Cool nails! And I'll have to try that recipe, too.

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

cool nails. That recipe looks good. Lol @ worchester sauce, however you spell it. I cant even pronounce it let alone spell it.

Burfica said...

olly--thanks, and it's pretty good

Just me--I know I can't do either. hehehehehe

CrystalChick said...

Love the nails!
Recipe looks easy and yummy.
OMG, I stayed at that hangman game waaaaay tooooo long. LOL Fun stuff. ;)
Happy Halloween.
We get double fun. Philadelphia Phillies won the World Series, in South Jersey they are totally our team so the parade is tomorrow (it's only like 10 mins. from us but transportation is going to be a nightmare!) and then trick or treating. Long day.

Biddie said...

I LOVE meatloaf, but it just doesn't agree with me.
I never get my nails done. I am such a tomboy, it would only last minutes, anyway.
it's nice that you get yours done once in awhile, though. You need to spoil yourself now and again.

Burfica said...

crystal--I just crack up at that skeleton

biddie--I wouldn't be getting mine done, except we take it out in trade, so I don't have to pay for it. hehehehehe