CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween


A very Happy Halloween to you all!!!!

I think it's a fun day. I love seeing the kids in their costumes.

This year, we aren't going trick or treating. Kiddo thinks he's to old for it. Instead we are going to my aunt and uncles. We don't get any kids over where we live. They live on Elm Street which is swamped each year. So...Kiddo wanted to dress up scary and pass out candy. That's what we are going to do over there.

I had thought I would buy us and aunt and uncle dinner, seeing as they were letting us hijack their house. But uncle said he was going to make some elk taco's. whooohoooo bonus!!!

The sky is filled with balloons this morning. It's the balloon regatta this weekend. Tomorrow I'm sure Gigantor and Kiddo are going to go out early and help people with their launches. They have done that before and ended up getting free rides. It's pretty cool, and they have tons of fun.

Then the street fair starts at 4 tomorrow afternoon. I'm hoping Big Johns Texas BBQ booth is up here. He smokes all his meat, it's soooo yummie. And at about 6, they close down main street and let the balloon people come set up. Right at about dark they start blowing up their balloons, and till 9 they do the "balloon glow"

You can walk up and down main street and talk to them. They let kids climb in the baskets, and pull the fire thingie, some of them have trading cards. Just a fun time all around. After the glow is over it's like freezing out. You wouldn't think so much of it, but with the glow, all that gas/fire going off, the entire main street gets warmed up. Then they stop and the cold bites right into you.

Anyhow that is our plans for tonight and tomorrow. Oh and I can't forget to record all night on Sci Fi channel. Ghost Hunters halloween special is on. whoooohooooo I love the ghost hunters.

anyhow....have a wonderful and safe Halloween, and have a good weekend everyone!!!!

7 comments:

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Elm street, what a cool name for a street on halloween.

Not to sure about the elk tacos though, lol.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

Special K said...

FACT I learned from Nightmare on Elm Street. The writer picked Elm because there is a Elm street in every town! Check it, it's true!

Happy Halloween! Your weekend sounds way funner than mine! Eat some bbq for me!

Olly said...

Sounds like a blast! We're just doing the trick or treat thing. Hopefully it stops raining for awhile.

MomThatsNuts said...

I do NOW and have always HATED halloween...I dont know why, dont religous or spiritual opposition to it, just an excuse for kids to go terrorize the neighborhood...(NO I did NOT have a traumatic childhood event) I just dont like it, plus I am pissy anyhow...lol

Elk tacos?? EWWWWW
I hate wild game I only like cows, chickens and piggies....

Mom

Burfica said...

just me--it was so stinking fun. hehehehe

K--I know great name huh??

Olly--it was warm here, wore t-shirt and no jacket

mom--well a big bah humbug to you too. hahahahaha I hope you buy candy for yourself at least. hahahahaha

Rick Rockhill said...

hope you had a happy halloween!
-Rick

Christine said...

scm went all out this year. He put a graveyard in the front yard, used the fog machine, the scary screams dvd blasting out of the porch and answered the door in alien attire.
We had over 1oo kids compared to the 30 or so we had last year. Good thing CVS had candy on sale.