CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

No Theme


My post has no theme today, just thoughts, and little goings on.

I love that picture, to cute, looks like he ate a lemon.

Parent teacher conferences tomorrow, Gigantor took the day off. That will be good, get it all done and out of the way. Kiddo has a half day, then Conferences are 1 till 4 in the gym. They set up tables with the teachers names above them and you walk around and sit at each one and talk to them.

I did get a little sick, not as bad as Gigantor, but I had nausea and bad stomach cramps on Monday night and Tuesday day.

Gigantor almost came to blows with his supervisor. His supervisor called on the day he was sick, and said, well since you didn't come to work, you have to work the weekend. Gigantor got back on Tuesday and asked him why, he said because other people would have to many hours. So....Gigantor went and looked at who was scheduled for the weekend. Guess who it was??? Yup the supervisor, that is salary so it doesn't matter what hours he works.

Well Gigantor confronted him, it got down to how in almost 3 years, this is the 2nd sick day Gigantor has every taken, and in 3 years, Gigantor has never told the boss no on any weekend. Even if we have plans, he makes me change them and he works. Well not this time. We have lots of plans, and Gigantor only has two weeks left there. So...him and the supervisor were yelling at each other, and the supervisor said he didn't care about Gigantor's plans they could fucking wait. His exact words. Which triggered my gentle giants temper. Not a good thing. Not at all.

It came down to Gigantor backing down the supervisor, and everyone watching. The supervisor ran in the big bosses office. (whom Gigantor had already talked too) And came out, stomped over to Gigantor and told him some other guy was gonna work the weekend. hahahahaha I love that my honey finally stood up to him.

I understand why he didn't all the rest the time, I mean he has this amazing work ethic and will do almost anything you ask of him. But with only two weeks left he was tired of being taken advantage of. And the two things that made him really not back down. Is when the supervisor said "your plans can fucking wait" and he said "You won't have to work weekends in your new job so least you can do is work this one"

Ummm yeah that pissed a giant off. Considering that when hired my giant was told he would only have to work one weekend a month, and for almost three years we were lucky if he got even one weekend off a month.

Man we have been the house of burnt food lately.

That new oven/stove I got for my birthday, we had to learn that anything that cooks inside it has to be set 25 degree's higher and go for the cooktime. But stuff on the stove top have to be much lower and less time. Been taking us a while. Lots of burn grilled cheese and pancakes and stuff.

Then the new microwave, I guess they cook hotter, cuz I keep burning the popcorn, the pot pies, exploding hot dogs. Man....I hope I get them all figured out by Thanksgiving, cuz I love to cook for holidays, and I cook a ton, and not to be over braggy but I'm dam good at it. hahahah

Oh I guess last random thing, a while back I said I would give you the cheesey chicken recipe, and then I promply forgot. Well let me give it to you now, cuz it's easy.

Cheesey Chicken

boneless skinless chicken breast and or thighs
favorite seasoning
two cans cheddar cheese soup
one can broccoli cheese soup
one can milk
(fresh onion or broccoli if you want but not necessary)
Any kind of pasta

In a bowl mix the soups, seasonings, and milk, whisk well till blended. (add broccoli and onions if your doing that)
Put chicken in a baking dish, pour soup mixture over chicken. Cover and cook at 350 for at least 1 hour. If you uncover, make sure you put a cookie sheet under it cuz it will bubble over.
Make pasta, serve chicken and sauce over pasta.

There ya go, easy peasy, and my kid loves it too.

Okay I'm off to do god only knows what.

Have a good Wednesday everyone!!!!

4 comments:

Special K said...

I am proud of Gigantor! Bless his heart he has put up with so much I am glad he is getting away from there!
I hear ya on the gauging the new appliances, it takes awhile, I have learned whatever a box says to check it 10-15 minutes earlier in my oven and it is usually done!
Thanks for the recipe, will have to try it soon!

Biddie said...

Our micro has a button that just says popcorn, so that is one thing that I never mess up.
That is such a cute photo. Reminds me of my 14 yr old cat that has barely any teeth.
I need your addy - again. Sigh. I had it in my pc, and that sucker crashed, and of course, I never did write it in my book.
That damn webkinz has been mocking me ever since I brought it home :)

Burfica said...

K--Now he's putting up with the supervisor cussing at him every day. Can't wait till he's gone

Biddie--Ours has a popcorn button too, but says I have to program it for the time, but I can't figure out that part. hahahahaha

Coffeypot said...

That is the same look I get on my face when I get my prostate checked. I can never find a doctor with small fingers.