CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 22, 2008

3 days left

Well how was everyone's weekend?? My last post was frantic about how much behind we were on Friday. But hubby did promise it would get all done and it did.

Saturday he woke me up before 9 (as per instructed) We got up and all of us had a bagel, then we went on to make 6 batches of fudge, which ended up making 10 pans of fudge. Thank god I bought the disposable pans. We made Dark chocolate with pecans, Dark with walnuts. Semi sweet with macadamia nuts, semi sweet plain. Milk chocolate with walnuts and Milk chocolate plain.

After making all the fudge it was about 1:30 and we decided to break for lunch. Did that, then Gigantor ran a couple errands. Down to deliver some avon, and to get something he needed, and then to post office. Then I had him run by the computer store. I've been having problems with things with graphics lagging and some will show up black screen but I have the noise. I got talking to a couple friends, and thinking. Maybe it's my video card.

So...he ran home and ran the computer in, and they said we had a prehistoric video card. hahahahaha So...we got a new one. Man this is so nice!! Everything plays on it.

Gigantor got home at almost 5. 5!!!!! And we still had shit to do. I found a recipe called Crispy Chocolate Mounds. But I don't like that name. I don't like "mounds" in a food name. So help me out. Do I re name them Crispy Peanut Clusters, or Peanut Cluster Crips??

They were so fricken easy and so good, it's should be illegal. Let me give you all the recipe.

1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
1 cup rice krispies
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup salted peanuts

In pan or double boiler melt the chocolate and peanut butter chips. Mix it with the other ingredients, stir well to completely cover. Then by spoonful make mounds on waxed paper on a cookie sheet. Put in refrigerator for about 15 minutes or until set. Should make about 2 dozen.

We didn't have enough fridge room so we stuck the cookie sheets outside for about 10 minutes. hehehehee They were so dam good.

Then Saturday night while Gigantor was making breakfast for dinner. Kiddo and I filled the little goodie bags with vanilla wafers and graham crackers.

Sunday got up at same time. Made one batch of the pumpkin dip, put it in the fridge. Pieced together the plates with fudge and Crisps. Wrapped them in plastic and put labels on them. Captain daddy showed up and I was putting pumpkin dip in bowls, found out we would have to make a second batch. Took a break and captain daddy got us lunch.

He went to a place called Dam Bar and Grill. Got Kiddo a cheese burger that was probably 1/2 lb of beef. Got all of us something called Big Dam Burger. This thing was so huge, the bread was oval shaped. It had lettuce, tomato, burger, cheese, hickory sauce, bacon and onion straws on it. 1 whole lb of beef!!!! We had to cut it in half and could barely eat one half, so yeah we have lunch for today too.

We then finished pumpkin dip, loaded the suburban and went out to do our delivering. It was about 4 in the afternoon when we started. Got held up at one friends house. Got to Gigantor's sisters, and she informes us that his parents are about 15 minutes out (they were almost there) We got in the suburban and I go DRIVE DRIVE GO, GET OUT OF HERE!!! I know I'm so mean.

We finished our delivering about 6:30. And I was dead tired. We had no idea what to do for dinner, usually we do a big family dinner on Sundays. OMG we were so tired. So we went by pizza hut and ordered three of those pizza mia things, and went and looked at a few christmas lights while they cooked. Came home, ate, and died. We were all in bed and passed out by 10:30.

I hope you all had a great weekend though, and are having an even better week.

11 comments:

Alekx said...

yummmmm little mounds of crispy goodness. I can't wait to get to work with the batch I made so I can PIG out.

Special K said...

Maybe you shouldn't look at my cooking blog..well maybe you should.. I got some crispy goodness on there too! :) Glad to help out with the extra holiday poundage!!!
I am glad to see the pumpkin dip was a hit! I have to make mine tomorrow!
Merry Christmas guys!

Burfica said...

alekx--OMG they are so good, I wanna make some more to have here at home

K--I want to make them lemon cookies for sure, and the truffles sound real easy too.

Jules said...

Yowza, Estee!!! You're one busy family!!! Merry Christmas, Sweetie!!

Muhd Imran said...

That is another long list working out very well.

No one can go wrong with pizza!

jAMiE said...

Merry Christmas You...i hope you and your family have a wonderful day!

cookie monster said...

My mum found my private blog, through my sister who reads it and then told her. I'm going to delete it to save any rows. Or to put that differently, any MORE rows, as the one yesterday was thermo-nuclear! I'll keep it to commenting for now, until i start afresh in the new year. Sorry! I'll keep you posted.

cookie monster said...

Thank you for the card by the way.

captain corky said...

A pound of beef and some milk chocolate fudge sounds just about right. Hope you're enjoying the week so far.

Biddie said...

Oh, I LOVE fudge!
Have a great Christmas, Burf. Hope it's awesome :)

Burfica said...

jules--merry christmas my friend!!

Imran--yeah it's a good go to meal. hehehehe

jamie--and right back at you my friend

cookie--oh my gosh that just sucks, I'll be e-mailing you soon, just been so darn busy.

corky--I know, little things like that make you so happy in life.

biddie--you have a great one also my friend!!!