CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

I tried to be Crafty!!

We have had a busy busy weekend. I told you all about our exploits on Friday.
Well....Saturday we got up and ate some brunch and worked on just a few things around the house, floors and stuff.

Gigantor kept saying he was going to work on the fence or run to the store, but he never did either he just sat there. I finally screamed at him real hard, and he got up and worked on the dishwasher, cuz it was not working at all.

A neighbor came over to order some last minute gifts in Avon, then another customer came over and paid a bill and ordered some stuff. By then it was after 3, and we had some running around to do.

We went to a store (fricken thing was closed) then to the post office. Then to my aunts to pick up her avon order. Well she wanted us to come in and she was struggling with her tree. So Gigantor put it up, then uncle got off work, so Gigantor helped him put lights up outside. Then Aunt decided to buy us all pizza. We got home at almost 9. But it was fun.

Today we got up and I had Gigantor set me up a card table and I finished filling out my Christmas cards, and I did up my avon order, so I just have to put it in the computer tomorrow.

He worked on some dishes, and cleaning my "jars". He got them all cleaned and I went to work on them. We made a pumpkin dip that I got off a blog--Kay's Kitchen and we tried it. Dam it's good. So...we are gonna make a couple batches of that, and some fudge and pass it out next weekend as gifts, and these jars also.

So...like I said I was feeling crafty. Don't know how good I did, but I recycled too.

You all know I love to buy them candles from my neice. Well....I took a few medium and some large jars of those burned out candles and we cleaned them out really well. I then put on some decals form that Uppercase Living and then filled them with goodies and decorated the tops. They can reuse the jars too. I thought they turned out pretty good. So...I added some pictures.


These are of my work surface and of the jars I was going to be working on. I had all my stuff out there.



This is ove the jars after I put the decals on them. Left, is a candy, middle is a silver snowflake, right is green holy.


More of the one's with decals. Left is gold ornament, middle is red mitten, and right is a bright green stocking.


This is how the back of the jars looked after I finished decorating them. I had some different color schemes going on with the different decals on the front. I think they look so cute. But boy my thumb is sore from all the zipping of the twirlie ribbon.


This is the front of some of the jars. The medium jars have some ribbon like hard candies in them. The big jars have the wrapped soft pepermints. I am going to put in some of the hard ribbon like candy on top of the mints, the day we are handing them out. I didn't do it now, cuz I didn't want it all smelling and tasting like the pepermints. But I think with a goodie plate of fudge and pumpkin dip and a goodie bag with cookies to use in the dip, that this is a nice gift. All I spent money on was the candy. I had the jars from the candles for the past year, I had ribbon and bows, and the decals I traded her an Avon gift for them. About 10 bucks and I have 7 really nice gifts.

I know it's not "Awesome" but for me, I think it's rather crafty.

Okay I'm off, Have a great Monday everyone!!!!

11 comments:

Alekx said...

I think you did a great job
took pumpkin dip to the party last night and it was a hit.
good stuff

Special K said...

Yum Alekx, that pumpkin dip is addicting!
Burfi you did GOOD! I think they are purty and festive! Now don't go screaming at Gigantor, you don't want a sore throat for Xmas! :) LOL

Oh I got your Xmas card! Made my day! Thank you!

Biddie said...

I think that you did a wonderful job! I am so UNcrafty. Big time. You did a great job :)

Burfica said...

Alekx--yeah if you can get past it looking like baby food, it's very very good.

K--Thank you, I am so not crafty, but I try.

biddie--I am very uncrafty, but sometimes I scare myself, I did all the decorations for my wedding and for alekx's. hehehehee

jAMiE said...

I think you did very well...very clever. Is the pumpkin dip sweet or savoury?

They look pretty, i'm people will love them!

captain corky said...

I think they look really nice. And next year remind me to call you guys when we're putting up our Christmas tree. ;)

cookie monster said...

mmmm, Pumpkin dip sounds lovely. I adore Pumpkin pie so the dip is nice i am sure.


And the Jars look great, i want one! I'll have to save up to order one!

And p.s. Burfica, card will be on it's way soon, i just have to wait till i have the money for postage! So apologies if it is tardy.

Muhd Imran said...

Wow! All turned out great!

I have to show Wifey about your crafty project here.

This is a good idea as gifts for sale at one of the fairs in Sonny's school to support the less privileged kids with school pocket money.

Really ingenious to recycle and create something beautiful for others to enjoy. You have a big heart.

It is going to be magical in your home this Christmas.

Burfica said...

Jamie--thank you, the dip is sweet, you serve it with graham crackers or vanilla wafers to dip in it.

corky--I love decorating for christmas!!!

cookie--No worries, I know how being tight on money can be.

Imran--thank you so much. I get upset at something I throw away over and over, and try to find something/anything to do with it to get more use out of it.

Jules said...

They're really very sweet and good on you for the efforts!

CrystalChick said...

Those old candle jars came out totally awesome and decorative!! I am usually pretty crafty but other than my jewelry and cards didn't make anyone anything really neat this year. Oh well, it's the NEW year already. So happy 2009 to you and your family. It's great to be back online!!