CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 09, 2009

Busy ass weekend

Wow we had a busy weekend. I'm really feeling it today. Suffering is more like it. uggghhhh

Now let me say. I love my captain daddy. Love him. But sometimes enough is enough. He came over on Thursday for a few hours, yup I said few hours. And visited, then said he might come over on Friday. I'm like, ummm okay, well you know Gigantor is off right, and he wanted to work on fixing the floor. (the floor collapsed by the heater vent in the bedroom, so he has to get under the house and cut all the insulation away and build frames and put up braces)

So...captain daddy said yeah, I just wanted him to cut my hair and I take a shower and do a load or two of laundry.

I figure okay, he will show up more toward the afternoon and then be gone by evening. Ummm no, he showed up at 8:30 and then didn't want to cut his hair till it was warmer, and didn't want to put his laundry in till after his shower. For crap sake.

He ended up buying us Chinese for dinner, and stayed till about 10 that night.

That was our whole Friday, waisted, we didn't get the stuff down town done we wanted too, and Gigantor didn't get to work under the house.

Saturday Gigantor got up early and went to work under the house. Ended up calling D over to give him a hand somewhere. And who shows up?? Captain Daddy. Grumpy as hell, cuz he didn't sleep well. So...he grumped and groaned and didn't do much of anything but sit here on the couch. D visited for a bit, and I had to actually kick them out, cuz we were going over to some other friends for dinner, that they invited us to a week previous.

They left, and we went to the friends, and had Prime Rib, potatoes, green beans, and chocolate lava cake for dessert. We visited till like fricken 11. Came home and I got sucked into a movie on Sci Fi so sat in bed watching it till 2, then went to sleep.

Planned on sleeping in, cuz we didn't need to go to Aunt and Uncles till 2 to work on taxes. Thought Captain Daddy would show up about noon or 1 to head over there. Nope....he showed up at 8:30. Gigantor had to actually get up out of bed. I slept one more hour. Still not enough. lol

So...we ended up sitting around out here, being quiet, cuz daddy fell asleep on the couch. Got to aunt and uncles, and he did daddy's taxes first, got him some good money back, then he did ours, and we are getting a nice chunk back. Now I should be able to buy the rest of the skirting for the house and get it and the fence all the way done so I can have a yard back.

Stayed and ate dinner there, aunt made sloppy joe's and salad. Came home about 7 and fricken captain daddy stayed for like another hour.

I thought to myself, oh man, long weekend, but he has to work for most the week, so a nice break. He said his schedule changed so he probably is coming over today and tomorrow morning. Then again on Thursday and Friday.

I love him to death, but sometimes I need more than one day break. hahahahahhaa Specially when he has the grumpies. I've been batteling the blues enough myself, don't need people on big downers hanging around.

Anyhow the wind is blowing about 35 mph with gusts up to 45. So I'm gonna go and pet the dogs, seeing as they are wrapped around my feet shaking cuz the wind is scary stuff I guess. hahahahhaa

Have a good Monday everyone!!!!

9 comments:

Special K said...

Ah he sounds really lonely! I know you need your own family time too and no it isn't fun to have an extra Debbie Downer around! LOL
Glad you are going to get your skirting done! I finally got my new curtains for the sunroom and you would think we were getting a new roof! I am so happy about it! LOL

Christine said...

Isnt there someplace where you can rent him a friend?

You need some peace.

Christine said...

I found your solution!! http://itotd.com/articles/377/rent-a-dog/

Libby said...

aw, burfica, he has to be lonely...but it was totally an awkward weekend for you, wasn't it? i'm sorry...but you know if it was you, you wouldnt want anybody to be rude to you...i know, it just sucks all the way around...

Burfica said...

K--yeah and I love him around, but sometimes when it's every day I just want a little "family" time if you know what I mean.

Christine--only reason he doesn't stay longer is he has a cat he thinks will perish without him.

Libby--I'm never rude to him, just grumble about it later sometimes. Not always.

Biddie said...

8:30 AM??? I don't answer my door before 11 :)

CrystalChick said...

Finding the balance is always hard. Atleast he cares about you enough to come by that much.
And free chinese food!!! Hey, I'm there! We got some 2 nights ago and I had leftovers for lunch yesterday. Veggie Lo Mein. Mmmm
Hey, good for you getting some $$ back! We haven't even got all our paperwork in yet. We usually do get a refund and this year, like you, hubs wants to get some things done on the house. I'm like... uh, but Disney World sounds like alot of fun. LOL And don't they have some deal where you get park admission for free on your birthday?? Me and hubs are only 3 days apart in November. And with the family crap drama, it's not like we'll be celebrating with them again. AND our anniversary is on Thanksgiving this year. Yeah, I'm really feeling a trip. We can duct tape the house together. ;)

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

He does sound lonely, but I get your drift. Sometimes one can over stay their welcome.

MomThatsNuts said...

Im sorry Burf!

is there a group he can join? A place to play bingo or something?

I love me some old people, but they can be pretty cantankerous!!

my word verification is BILION

one more L and I would have one BILLION DOLLARS...bwahahahaha
ok bye Im going to the hospital now...

Mom

those that want to visit my blog please write:
momthatsnuts@yahoo.com